Star Charter Cruise

Firemaker

I received an email from a TA with information about the Star Pacific Coastal Cruise pre and post Olympics in Feb. and March. The prices were very low. She checked and said the cruise would be like any other NCL cruise, even though it was chartered.

Has anyone out there been on a chartered cruise like this? How was it? I'm close to booking it, but still not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance:)

I guess I would want to know WHO is the charter group. You may and may not "fit in" with some specialty operation. I was on a cruise that was 90% from one company. They took over many venues for their own events.

Entertainment could vary. You MUST find out who is chartering the boat, and to be honest, a charter usually means they OWN the ship for that week, so surprised you can even buy a cabin.

Get more details.

Here's the company that is handling the charter to and from Vancouver, as well as during the Olympic Games: http://www.newwesttravel.com/van2010.cfm?PageID=73 It doesn't look like any particular "group," and it does sound like a normal cruise. Look at the links on the left side of the page for the various components and pricing. I would love to do this, but we're on a cruising diet until 2011. :D

I talked to them onboard about the Olympics, I don't know about the pre- or post- cruises. They said the service at the Olypmics would be exactly the same as if they were actually going somewhere. Of course there must be some sort of exceptions.

I also read an article on the Olympics last night in a ski magazine, they said most events were not yet sold out, there wouldn't be that many people on the hill during the Olypmics, each event would have a free viewing area, and that the village would be bustling.

Also said there would be plenty of hotel availability, especially private residences.

You can fly into Seattle and drive up, though I'd fly to Vancouver if you could swing it.

I think it would be fun, unfortunately we spent way too many weeks traveling already this year, so we have to pass.

Phenomenal pricing. But...4 days...hardly worth it. Actually, not worth it. We've decided that 1 week vacation is just not long enough anymore. Double the length with double this cost and I'd book every Owners Suite! ;)

Next up: 2 weeks in Aruba in May; 2 weeks in Aruba in October! :) CAN'T WAIT

If someone can do a quick getaway...this is a steal.

We are going on this one! Our whole extended (althogh not large) family is able to go on this one as a family cruise since it's so cheap. Better still since we're from Vancouver area..:D SOOOO excited! My only concern is, cruising to me seems like it should be warm and it won't be at that time of year, so it'll be a new concept for me, but still a fun relaxing time.

(tho sorry, I have no real info as to what the op was asking.. I was lead to understand that the amenities would be the same as any other cruise when I booked it...it was not even advertised as a charter)

If anyone has any info on the op's question I would be interested also.:confused:

Archived