Booked 9 day Canary Island cruise. Not as excited as I want to be.

BakerNoMore

So, we finally decided on a cruise. Or I should say my husband and our friends decided on one.

The ports are: Barcelona; Casablanca; Agadir; Las Palmas; Funchal; Granada (Malaga)

I am just not jazzed about it. Perhaps because I don't know a whole lot about where we are going or what there is to do. I looked up the shore excursions and they all seem "eh" to me. We will have our 2 year old with us. One thing I am excited about is taking advantage of NCL's child activities because we get to drop him off this time and have a little adult time!

When I think Canary Islands my mind naturally thinks beaches and warm weather. When I looked it up it didn't seem warm enough (60's for April) and they offered no beach excursions.

So, has anyone done any of these ports before? Ever done them with a child? Is there something I'm missing here? I really WANT to be excited about the cruise.

Thanks! :)

I had this cruise booked last year and canceled it too. For me I had to fly all the way from California and decided those ports were not enticing enough. So I canceled and took a Med cruise that hit Israel and Egypt.

I see you're back to Jade again! Let's hope the entertainment's different for you......

There were quite a few reviews about this cruise last year, and some people had concerns about the Morroccan ports. I've been to the Canaries in Jan, when it was warm enough for swimming in pools (heated)....don't know about April, but they're so close to Africa that it should be warmer than Germany.

A lass from Funchal writes on this page to give help to cruisers.

It's a cruise!- and even tho' you're not excited, you're going to be on a home from home again, so perhaps you'll have to think of it as a family visit- not enthralling, but relaxing.

Enjoy- jocap.

Archived