Rental car company with Port Everglades drop off or shuttle to?

twoatsea

I searched, but I can't find a rental car location drop off at the pier, rather than dropping off at the airport & then taking shuttle or taxi to pier. Maybe I missed one/some? Anyone know of any.

How about a rental car company that provides their own shuttle to the pier, but not just the shuttle used by everyone at the airport?

Is the taxi cost from the airport to the pier about the same as the taxi cost from the pier to the airport? I don't know if there is an upfront charge from the airport or higher rate.

Also, about the free shuttle from the airport to the pier. We could drop off the rental car at the airport & take the free shuttle, but one time we were there & ended up taking a cab because it was a MAD house! Is it still that way? MAD house = so many people waiting for transport; buses coming from pier would not let anyone on the bus to go back to the pier with them, because the drivers said they were not allowed to take anyone to the pier until a certain time (checkin time, I assume). So the big crowd just was getting bigger - & more MAD. We didn't stick around to see the large masses swamp the buses - that must have been a sight! We refuse to fight for food and in this case for transport - so we would have been last on - maybe the next day (!).

Several years ago we stayed at the Sleep Inn with free shuttle to/from airport & pier. However, it was tacky & smelly then - is it still? I checked their website & the price is $139 + tax for our night of April 10, 2010. I hate to pay that price for a tacky & smelly place!

The European transfers part of our trip has been so easy to plan - even with 3 countries, 2 airlines, train travel, & 2 cruise companies! Just book a car service company or take a train - so easy! Don't have to fight to get on a shuttle, or stay in a smelly hotel to have a shuttle, or be concerned about a taxi driver ripoff! Wish Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades was as easy. Hope someone has some good info - thanks in advance.

I searched, but I can't find a rental car location drop off at the pier, rather than dropping off at the airport & then taking shuttle or taxi to pier. Maybe I missed one/some? Anyone know of any.

There are no car rental drop off or pick up locations at the pier. Thrifty has a location outside perimeter and Budget has one on SE 17th Street. Both will drop you off at the pier. ;)

/////

Wonder of wonders! How great about Budget & Thrifty - I'll have to check into that tomorrow. Thank you so much Bequia!

I did find a hotel that has a port shuttle for $9 per person. However, it is a first come, first serve type & no guarantee we would get on the shuttle. It's the Sheraton Airport in Dania. I reserved it because there's no cancel penalty in case something better pops up. But really that's not any better than reserving any hotel with a free airport shuttle & catching a $10-$15 taxi from the airport.

Thanks again

Just rented from Thrifty in Oct. Picked-up at airport and dropped off Right Outside the Entrance to the Port. Very Convenient and if you have a group of people they will take you right to the Dock IN THE RENTAL so you don't have to take a shuttle or hassle with the luggage until you reach the dock.

Archived