Culinary/Cooking Excursions?

Grhamer

Are there any culinary/cooking excursions in St Thomas? In the past few years of cruising my wife and I have done several of these type of excursions on different islands and have enjoyed them very much. Our cruise line does not offer any in St Thomas. Any information would be helpful. THANKS!

Unfortunately, no. I see you posted the same question for St Croix, and I don't think they have one, either. I'd love to hear about the other excursions you've done. Details, please! Thanks.

That is too bad. The best cooking excursion we ever went on was in Curacao to Agelica's Kitchen. The staff there was outstanding. They were so pleasant. We made several local dishes. We were with 6 other couples and we all had an opportunity to participate in the cooking of several dishes. Also during the whole time they served us a wonderful wine that you could drink as much as you'd like. We will be going back there to visit again in April. Here is the link:

http://www.angelicas-kitchen.com/angelicaskitchen.html

Another one we enjoyed very much was in Cabo San Lucas. We were taken to a very nice Mexican restaurant in town. There with 6 or 7 other couples and we cooked a complete Mexican meal from a salsa appetizer to a wonderful flan dessert. During the whole experience you could drink as many margarita's as you'd like! It was great!

So now when we cruise we always look for cooking/culinary excursions otherwise we love to hang out on the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean.

Thanks, Gary and Heidi for the link to Angelica. I think I had sent her an e-mail earlier in the year - have to look through my e-mails and maybe I'll be reminded as to why I didn't follow through. Maybe I didn't want to devote so much time to that excursion when there were other things I wanted to see.

I saw in the St Croix forum that there is someone offering a cooking class in St Croix, but not through the ship. Check the website http://www.chef-daniel.com. Sounds like a good tour.

I took a Celebrity food/rum themed cruise gosh, around 2000, and one of the best tours ever was a cooking demo and lunch at Brown's Bay in Antigua.

Speaking of St. Thomas, I used to live there (!) and have friends in the hospitality business. I've put the question out -- are there any restaurateurs who'd be interesting in hosting such an outing -- and will let you know what I hear.... There are some marvelous restaurants on both St. Thomas and St. John that would be perfect for this kind of activity (and p.s. can I come too? )

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

That is too bad. The best cooking excursion we ever went on was in Curacao to Agelica's Kitchen. The staff there was outstanding. They were so pleasant. We made several local dishes. We were with 6 other couples and we all had an opportunity to participate in the cooking of several dishes. Also during the whole time they served us a wonderful wine that you could drink as much as you'd like. We will be going back there to visit again in April. Here is the link:

http://www.angelicas-kitchen.com/angelicaskitchen.html

Another one we enjoyed very much was in Cabo San Lucas. We were taken to a very nice Mexican restaurant in town. There with 6 or 7 other couples and we cooked a complete Mexican meal from a salsa appetizer to a wonderful flan dessert. During the whole experience you could drink as many margarita's as you'd like! It was great!

So now when we cruise we always look for cooking/culinary excursions otherwise we love to hang out on the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean.

Archived