Panama Canal with Kids over Xmas Break

kgn

I am considering taking the Princess Panama Canal 10 cruise over Christmas/New Year's school vacation. The main concern I have in researching the Princess Panama trip is that all the boards say it is a much older crowd. I am wondering if that is true over a school vacation. Princess states that they have a family pool and a kids club on the boat so there must be kids right? We are traveling with four girls ages 8 - 15. Has anyone done this cruise over a school vacation or summer break? Thoughts or feedback would be helpful.:rolleyes:

There will be kids on a holiday cruise, but Princess is the only cruise line that limits the number of kids on all their cruises. One general rule is, the longer the cruise, the older the passengers. While 10 days isn't considered a long cruise, you find many more kids on the 7 day cruises. Don't worry, on holiday sailings, there will always be kids

We did a 10night Panama Canal on Princess Grand out of Galveston, December 18-28,'04.

We had lots of children on board, SANTA too, Christmas caroling, nice decorations, Christmas trees...

It was/is a marvelous way to spend holidays.

It was definitely not just old folk. Nicely mixed crowd.

Appears 12/13yr. age was lacking in things to do. Too young for the young crowd, not old enough for the teen crowd.

We were the 'older ones' and we had a great time;)

Princess does limit the number of kids on their sailings, and once that limit is reached, they don't allow any more booking with kids. I know it's weird, but that's their policy. That policy also goes for some other lines like most of the fancy schmancy lines. Cunard is the only line that doesn't allow infants under 12 months of age to sail.

Archived