Question regarding the Serenade

JenAndDan

After a few false starts and cancelling our cruises (first I found out I was pregnant and too far along and then we were going to go when my DS was 7 months but realized it wouldn't be as enjoyable for us) we are thinking of booking a cruise on the Serenade of the Seas for August 2010. Our DS will be almost 18 months at that time and I had a few questions to ask those who have traveled with an infant before:

1. Were the pack and plays good on the ship? I can't imagine lugging it with all our luggage and supplies but will if necessary.

2. Are (quiet) babies allowed at any of the shows. My DS will be too young for any real organized activity at AO but he LOVES music and shows in general. He goes to music classes and sits through the entire thing. Obviously, if he was fussy I would remove him but wanted to know if you are ALLOWED to bring them into the shows (Im thinking mainly the broadway revue type of shows)

3. Do they have whole milk on board and do they allow you to take extra in a bottle? Right now, he's not up to drinking regular milk but by next summer he will be and was wondering, if he wanted milk when it was not a meal time, how that would work out.

4. How far in advance do you book a babysitter (is day of enough?)

5. Any suggestions on things to do in any of these areas: Barbados, St Maarten, St Croix, Antigua, St Lucia? Any one go on excursions in any of these ports with an infant/toddler? I know many have age restrictions.

6. Any other helpful tips?

Babies are allowed at the shows---most are fasinated by the lights and action! I doubt you'll need to take him out!!!

They do have whole milk, but if needed, 2% won't harm him for 1 week! You can get milk all day in the WJ.

For babysitting, you should make arrangements when you board...availability depends on what crew member is willing to do it...arrange in advance!!!

Can't help you with excursions...we just go to beaches on our own!

Thanks so much!

We are definitely thinking beaches will play a big part - although he does love aquariums, so we'll have to check to see if there are any. Did you take taxis to the beach? Did you bring your car seat? I was thinking of paying the extra to do the beach excursions since they usually travel by buses.

Archived