? re: drink coupons and pre-purchased credits

MamaParrotHead

my family gave us homemade "gift certificates" with the dollar amount printed on it they will be contributing to our cruise (in the form of shipboard credits). how do I go about putting these on our account and how long does it take? I read some posts (that, ofcouse, now I can't find) that contained information about sending it somewhere ahead of time in order to be put on your S&S account? just wondering if anyone could help me out by outlining the process for me.

also wondering the same thing about drink coupons (purchased on CCL website). do I need to send those somewhere to be "processed" or does Carnival send them to me and I just use them onboard by giving them to the waitstaff?

Thanks!

You can actually just call Carnival and have money applied directly to your account... probably the easiest way. As for drink coupons, you purchase them by phone or on the website, at least a week prior to cruising... and they will be delivered to you either in your cabin or in the dining room on your first night of the cruise.

Drink coupons are purchased from the Carnival website... 4 for $19. They don't save you very much money, just depends on what you drink. They are useless and you will lose money on most beers and many of the frozen drinks. If you use them on drinks that are $4.75 or more, you should be good. I tip my waiter upfront and have never had a problem using them for drinks that cost much more... some people have. You have to order them online at least 7 days before your cruise.

The drink coupons are 4 for $19.50, or $4.88 each. You will break even when using them on a $4.25 drink ($4.25 plus 15% gratuity = $4.88) and save some change when using them on drinks that are more than $4.25. If you mostly drink the frozen drinks that are $4.95 each then you'll end up saving almost a dollar per drink. Plus they help keep the S & S bill down.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can use the drink coupons for a glass of wine at dinner? We are not big drinkers (and traveling with kids!) so that's the only time we would probably have anything to drink. Thanks, Kia

Drink coupons CAN be used for a glass of wine AND 4 coupons can be used to get one bottle of wine.... They are literally coupons that you give in exchange for your drink, you dont need to do anything with them ahead of time..

Its very tricky to SAVE money with drink coupons, you have to buy exactly the right drink in order to save more than a few cents.. however they are great if you wanna keep your bill down and kind of buy them ahead of time and then they feel like they are free when your using them.. or get them as gifts...

Carnival gift certificates themselves have to be redeemed ahead of time by sending them in.. but unless I read you wrong your family gave you kind of like made up gift certificates of how much they would give you? In that situation, the best thing to do is call and give carnival he booking number and have the money applied directly to the account, its a lot easier than buying gift certificates from Carnival and having them given to you then having to send them back to Carnival...

Thank you for the info.Never used coupons on a cruise ship before. We also have them as a welcome aboard gift for sending a warm fuzzy message to Carnival HO about our PVP Tori A in the colorado office( she deserved the recognition for her no pressure sales) We will deefinatelt book with her again.

Thanks again

so you cannot buy carnival g.c.'s on the website to give to your friends and then they can just bring them on the cruise and have them applied to their sail and sign account then? I can't see why not.

The rules of the gift certificate specifically state:

6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates.

Even though they do say to send them in, you don't have to. You can just take them on the ship with you and turn them in at the Pursers desk to be credited to your account. Many people have done this and if you call the 1-800 number for ordering, they will tell you it's allowed.

Even though they do say to send them in, you don't have to. You can just take them on the ship with you and turn them in at the Pursers desk to be credited to your account. Many people have done this and if you call the 1-800 number for ordering, they will tell you it's allowed.

This is true. Sailed the Conquest 1/09/05 - 1/16/05. Had no problems or issues whatsoever when I gave my GCs at the Purser's Desk to be applied to my S&S account. :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Archived