Explorations Cafe - Iced Coffee

sail7seas

Hope someone can give me a suggestion.

In the Caribbean, I really love a tall, well chilled iced coffee. I drink it black and like it really cold.

I have given up trying to get a good one from Explorations Cafe. I seem incapable of explaining to the friendly steward who I know is trying that to brew hot coffee and then proceed to drop ten scoops of ice into the hot coffee is not going to give me a good coffee. All that gives me is a watery mess of melted ice with a slightly brown color from the little coffee by percentage to quantity of liquid in the cup.

They don't get it that coffee should be brewed, chilled and then added to a cup with ice. At least let it cool to room temperature and pour it over ice but to take steaming hot coffee and chill it by adding quarts of ice is disgusting.

I'm happy to order the coffee, go rest a while with a book in Explorations Cafe and return when the coffee is ready but that just doesn't happen.

Does anyone have a way to get a decent iced coffee from Explorations Cafe? I'd be so indebted and appreciative to you if I could look forward to a delicious cup on our upcoming Eurodam cruises.

Yes, of course, I can make it myself but sometimes I'd really enjoy getting it in nice tall cup from Explorations. I do not bring insulated mug with us anymore. Used to but stopped a few years ago. I try to pack as little as possible. I've cut way back on the 'stuff' I used to lug.

To have iced coffee in small glass just doesn't cut it. :( I guess I'll have to buy a thermal cup, use it on the cruise and then discard it. Seems wasteful.

Why can't they make an iced coffee? Surely I am not the only person on ships who requests it.

Archived