DREAM-Dec 19 cruise

Chuggiebug

I read all of the reviews before it was our turn to cruise the Dream. I tend to be a cheerleader for the cruise lines that I use and was determined to board with an open mind.

We are experienced cruisers and have loved Carnival from the first minute we stepped on one her vessels(The Sensation).

Both Embarkation an debarkation were simple,orderly and fast. Our party of 4 had no issues.

DH and I had an aft wraparound on deck 7. Our son and his wife had the other deck 7 wrap around. The cabins were small but the long balconies were studpendous. We loved them, although there is no roof over them and we often had very interesting items land there from the lido deck(ice cream cones, onions, dry cereal etc)

Food was of typical mainstream cruise quality but the Lido(called the Gathering) was a zoo. Long lines, not enough help at venues like the burrito bar and the tables would sit for very long periods before they got cleaned off. You had to sit down and move the dirty stuff over so you could eat.

The simple solutions were to eat early or late or in the main dining room.

"Brunch' was served in the MDR on sea days and there was never any waiting.

BBQ on the Lania on sea days for lunch was really really good and seldom ever any waiting there.

We loved the ship and felt that our MDR asst waiter Norman was the best we have had in 20 cruises.

Chef's Art was terrific

On the flip side, we were very unimpressed with much of the CD staff.

we witnessed the logo shop personnel treat passengers well intenitons questions very rudely on numerous occasions.

The pursers office gave us a date and time for the Platinum Galley tour and when we got there we were told we were too late. It was already over. They have some issuues there too.

Bottom line, were spent a week on a beautiful ship with our loved ones. We had a great time and will cruise the Dream again.

(We did not go to any shows except some of the comedians and they were OK)

Oh yeah, we were off the ship by 7:00am this morning!!!!!! Wish we were doing a B2B.

Just wondering, what time did they quote you.

For us it was 9:45, around 10:15 one of the people wanting to do the tour asked the asst. maitre' d? who was sitting in the back of the dining room when the tour would start. Soon after he took us on the tour.

Thankyou for your review, and it is good to hear your positive report. Also good to hear that Carnival has already implemented the Brunch in the MDr, as well as the BBq on the lanai, therefore hopefully addressing the crowding at the buffet/lido areas. Sounds like you had a good cruise. I hope someday I will have the opportunity to enjoy this ship too.:)

I am booked in Sept in an Aft Wrap on Deck 7 also. Good to hear you loved the balcony. Did you have a couch or chair in your Cabin?

We were in 7459 and our DS was in 7454. Neither of us had a couch. They had a chair and we did not even have that. We had lots of chairs on the balcony so we just brought one of them inside.

It was a great cabin. Two nice windows and the balcony door was glass of course. Great light!!

Just wondering, what time did they quote you.

For us it was 9:45, around 10:15 one of the people wanting to do the tour asked the asst. maitre' d? who was sitting in the back of the dining room when the tour would start. Soon after he took us on the tour.

we were told 10:30am. We were there at 10:15am. When no one showed up by 10:45 we went to the pursers office where we were informed it had been at 10:00am.

How were the decorations for Christmas?

How about Christmas dinner in the dining room? How was that?

Thanks for the post!

Debbie

Decorations for Christmas consisted of garland everywhere and matching decorated trees in most venus.

For Christmas dinner they added turkey and stuffing the menu. Other than that not much special. Oh there was christmas music everywhere all week long.

Archived