Anyone done Carnival/Nassau Blue Lagoon?

tikibeach

Sorry, I already asked this on the Nassau board, but no responses. I am interested in the Blue Lagoon with lunch offered by the Destiny in January, but it will not allow pre-booking.

Anyone know if this excursion sells out? Cost per person? I'm trying to decide between this and the Sheraton/Wyndham. Thanks!

Yes! We did it on the Destiny last year. If I remember correctly we prebooked it. It was one of the favorite things we did on our cruise. I am really sorry but I can't remember the price. We did the dolphin swim and I remember the cost included spending the day on the beach too. Their prices were very reasonable and well worth it. It was not crowded at all. We stayed for a few hours after our dolphin swim. It seemed like most people left after their swim, maybe they weren't aware they could stay. The manager actually gave us a private tour of the whole island that is not accessible to all visitors. We always talk about going back there someday and taking the kids. As you can tell, I say go there! I heard from other people that a lot of the other places in Nassau are very crowded, expensive, and a lot of beach vendors. Have a great trip!

We booked the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter / swim directly with the company. It is the same company you would get booking through carnival. If you get a taxi to where the boat picks you up to take you to blue lagoon (private island) the cost of the boat ride is included with the excursion you book. The taxi was cheap, I believe $10 with a tip for two of us.

We were there on a saturday, none of the excursions looked booked. I could have upgraded from the encounter to the swim with no trouble.

Thanks Tink. Would you be concerned at all about missing the ship? Probably a stupid question, but it sounds like traffic/transportation with the whole cab/fairy/cab & back thing might get complicated. Am I worrying over nothing?:)

Good question! On my own, I would never be afraid of missing the ship. I never cut it close, and at the very least plan on being back on board 2 hours before sailing. My friend who accompanied me on the cruise is someone who has a great sense of adventure and lives to use every last second. I missed the only flight in my life on our last trip together. :eek:

So I would not have booked this independently, but it was an overnight port stop. As I recall we had a 12:30 pick up time from the dock with the excursion - we were there on the island within 15 minutes - changed into swim suits and the encounter & swim didn't even begin until 2pm. I think we were done around 5 and got a ride back on their boat. I took a water taxi to return to the ship - it only cost $3.00 per person. We could have taken it to the boat pick up point but the land taxi is quicker. I was back on the ship around 6 o-clock. Depends on how long you have in port - our ship got in around 10AM so the 12:30 pick up time was the first one we could do. I think they say they excursion is 4 hours, I would say it takes 6 hours though to comfortably get from leaving the ship to getting back on board again. If you only have 8 hours in port I would consider booking through the cruise ship.

They have a 7-11 type refreshment station, with packaged sandwiches and pop, bottled water etc. It's expensive and not that great. I would plan on eating lunch back in Nassau or back on board the ship.

I did this excursion last August with my husband. If I remember correctly it was 165pp with the dolphin encounter and beach pass...beautiful island...too bad it started pouring after we finished the dolphin encounter and we had to leave...

they also have a website if u google blue lagoon ...

I did it in Sept and loved it. I did pre-book directly with Blue lagoon and made sure to get the earliest booking I could (since we docked at 9 I did the 10:30) absolutely no worries getting back since we left Cozumel at 5p and the last ferry off the island is 4p so it would be impossible not to get back, short taxi ride and you are at the port.

Also I somehow managed to get off the ship without my confirmation letter and still was a breeze as they had a desk with a list of the names of those planned and the taxi was waiting with a group collecting for the transfer to the ferry so no problem finding my way there and I had been a bit concerned since I was travelling solo. Taxi couldn't have been more than a 10min ride tops.

Beautiful ride over to the Blue Lagoon on the ferry and the dolphin swim was amazing. about 8 people in our group and never felt rushed or hurried. There was even a baby that kept swimming around us as we each went up for the dolphin kiss etc. Being pushed by a dolphin is amazing, they let them rest between each person and spent that time educating us on dolphins etc.

Great fun and definitely a beautiful island, the only thing I would do differently is to stay a bit longer on the island after the swim. I did go directly back to the ship and was back two hours or more before we left port.

(If the search is working type in "Blue Lagoon" on the Bahamas port of call board that is where I got most of my info and almost all of it good)

Have fun

Nan

Archived