What is your favorite "Fun Ship" and Why?

KrystalWaters

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on a Carnival Cruise ship in over 16yrs, the "Sensation", and a lot has changed. With all the new changes the ships have undergone, ie. sports bars, waterslides, arcades, fine dining, etc, it is hard to choose a new "Fun Ship" for my next cruise. It really does not matter about which port i have to go through (unless it's a less headache then another :rolleyes:) since i'm in the midwest have to fly anyways.

My hubby and I are in our early 30s w/no kids.

So that's why I'm sort of asking this question. What is your favorite "Fun Ship" and why?

Thanks in advance for your wonderful suggestions.

KrystalWaters

Wow, that's a tough one to answer!

The "newer" CCL ships have more decks and amenities. Might I sugest you look up CruiseDeckplans.com ? Then, of course, check the Carnival site to see what itineraries are available. Many of the ships have a similar layout.

I hate to say it, but, "The rest is up to you!"

Not much help, but, have fun choosing!;)

My favorite is either the one I am on or the one I am booked to go on next :D.

Sure the newer bigger ones may have more bells and whistles but I always have a blast no matter which funship I am on, From the Holiday to the Dream.

Tom in Long Beach

Thats funny!! Our first cruise was 15 yrs ago on the Sensation also!! :D

We have choosen the Liberty E. Caribbean this time around, then in 2011 we are going with the S. Caribbean on the Miracle, the new, limited itinerary.

Aruba and Curaco enticed me!!

Have you seen the recent pictures of the Sensation?? She looks beautiful. I think we might just have to try her again, some day!!

As you can see by my name on Cruise Critic the Elation (Elationismyship). It's because it was the first cruise we took our daughter on.

vip7v7.jpg

Another one (not Carnival) is the Caribbean Princess . . . . . I love Carnival better than Princess but thought we'd try an other line for once. We renewed our wedding vows on the Caribbean Princess and that was priceless.

34efbeq.jpg

I love the Glory.And now that she has moved to Miami,I can see some Spirit airmiles coming into play.BUT,we just sailed the Dream.An amazing ship,on her for 9 days and still didnt see everything,so we are going again in November.But,the Fantasy was my first,I love that class of ship, and now that she will be an hour from my house in May, well..as you can see, its hard to decide.

Have a great cruise:)

Thanks all for your replies.

You know as i was looking at the different "classes" of ships i can't seem to figure out what are the difference in the classes. They all seem to have the same thing why do Carnival label each ship under a certain class?

You know after i read that "Sensation" went under renovation I was thinking about going on her again, kind of sentimental. My husband has never cruised before so maybe the "Sensation" would be a good entrance ship.

It's wonderful seeing everyone replies. I'm so looking forward to our cruise in July. I just have to figure out which ship we are going on. I don't care where we go so long i'm on the water. :D

Elationismyship: Beautiful wedding photo :)

KrystalWaters

Wow, that's a tough one to answer!

The "newer" CCL ships have more decks and amenities. Might I sugest you look up CruiseDeckplans.com ? Then, of course, check the Carnival site to see what itineraries are available. Many of the ships have a similar layout.

I hate to say it, but, "The rest is up to you!"

Not much help, but, have fun choosing!;)

Thanks for the wonderful site. I love CC...everyone holds such a wealth of information :)

Ok, maybe I am biased, but my DH and I love the Conquest! It's a big ship, an easy drive to the port in Galveston, great food, great people and great itineraries! Oh, also may be the fact that it's the only cruise ship we've been on.:D

I have a great love of the Fascination....but she only does short cruises and I'm a 7-day kind of gal. I cruise Fas every other year or so and have done B2B to get the 7-day thingie.

For regular weeklong cruises I love Triumph and Liberty.

Hard to say because one of Carnival's strongest suits is its consistancy from ship to ship.

We have sailed on all the current ships except 4 (and we are knocking one of them out next week).....

All the different classes of ships have their pros and cons.

If I had to pick one class...I would say the Spirit class. (Pride, Miracle, Spirit and Legend)

However, I liked the Splendor and Dream A LOT MORE than I thought I would....because I fell in love with the private Spa areas they have. (and I am NOT a Spa person)

All of the ships are great, and we make our choices based on itinerary. Like you, we're from the upper midwest, so departure port doesn't really make a difference as we have to fly anyway. If a balcony stateroom is important to you, you'll likely want to choose one of the new ships. But if you have a couple of choices with itineraries being equal, I'd choose one of the ships with a steakhouse. We had dinner in the one on the Conquest and found it to be one of the more memorable experiences from that cruise. But again, itinerary trumps everything else for us. That's why we're sailing on the Victory in March. But as a previous poster said in this thread, at the end of the day, "My favorite is either the one I am on or the one I am booked to go on next."!

The Paradise will always be special for me. We took our first cruise on that ship back when it was the only one in the fleet that was nonsmoking. We've cruised several times since then and have not seen the level of friendliness and service we saw on the Paradise...from the wait staff in the MDR to our cabin steward.

Not really any favorite ships, but we do have preferred classes. Those are the Spirit and Fantasy class ships.

But, we have sailed on at least one ship of every class (except Dream) and enjoyed them all. I don't really care for the "stadium seating" on the Destiny or Conquest class, but it would not stop us from sailing on one of them again!

The Triumph....cause it's the only Carnival ship we've sailed on. We loved the cruise though. My 16 yo was not impressed with the Club O2 on this ship. She went there the first day or 2 met some new friends then they hung out together outside the club the rest of the cruise. My 14 yo thought Circle C was good. She made a bunch of new friends and when Circle C was open, they were typically there.

i see everyone has their preferences. I believe my hubby and I have narrowed it down to 3 ships. Freedom, Legend, or Valor. I'm leaning towards the Freedom because it's an 8 day cruise. But Legend leaves out of Tampa. I heard that port is easier, less chaotic, then Miami. :rolleyes:

i see everyone has their preferences. I believe my hubby and I have narrowed it down to 3 ships. Freedom, Legend, or Valor. I'm leaning towards the Freedom because it's an 8 day cruise. But Legend leaves out of Tampa. I heard that port is easier, less chaotic, then Miami. :rolleyes:

We've sailed from both ports, both Miami and Tampa. I thought parking in Miami was easier than it was in Tampa but I thought Tampa was definitely less crowded. Miami usually has several ships docked on the same day while Tampa has one. If it were up to me to decide I'd definitely take the 8 day cruise. My DW and I both agree that an 8 day cruise seems to be the perfect amount of time while a 7 day cruise seems just a bit short. One days difference I know but that extra day sure is nice. Oh and FWIW my favorite Carnival ship that we've sailed is the Carnival Liberty. Loved that 8 day to Panama and Costa Rica. I hope which ever cruise you choose that you'll have a great time!

Bob

Without a doubt any Fantasy Class ship in the Carnival fleet. I think the notion that Bigger is Better will backfire as in the Oasis. I would not even consider going on a ship that is Mall intensive or some kind of Fantasy that Corporate America Thinks I Need.....I will be the deciding factor for that thank you very much.

This is merely my observation but even the crew seems more content on a Fantasy Class ship......sayin!:rolleyes:

Archived