Can a person change their sailing date

Chacooe

I have a friend that has had an emergency come up and she does not think her mother will survive the next week. What she would like to know is that can she change her cruise to the following week. She is do to sail January 10, 2010, but would like to change it to January 17th. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have a friend that has had an emergency come up and she does not think her mother will survive the next week. What she would like to know is that can she change her cruise to the following week. She is do to sail January 10, 2010, but would like to change it to January 17th. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know but when you say her mom isn't going to survive the next week do you mean she is terminal??? If so, do you really think your friend will feel like cruising a week later after her mom dies???

Did your friend purchase travel insurance? I am not an expert, but if she did not purchase travel insurance that allowed for trip cancellation (or postponement), then she might be out of luck. Has she contacted her travel agent or (if booked through Carnival), a Carnival agent? That would be the 1st step.

Very sorry to hear about your friend's mom.

The first thing I thought was what if her mother is still alive on the 17th?

I think your friends best choice would be cancel now and wait to see how mama does.

Plus, if she booked early saver, more problems.

If she has travel insurance, there should be no problems.

Thank you for the input, Janice really appreciates it. She did take out insurance, so she is not worried about getting her money back, but this cruise was a Christmas present from her mom for being a sole caretaker for her dad when he was alive. Her mom was suppose to go with her, but has had a severe stroke and her mom has told her that she wants her to go, but if she does cancel the cruise, her mom knows that she will never go. I guess they had agreed that if anything happened she could see about canceling it for only a week, but no longer then that. I told her to keep the date of January 10, 2010 since I am also booked on that cruise, so at least she will know someone. To be honest I don't think her mom is going to last another 6 - 8 hours. I feel so bad for her. She just thought you could call Carnival and change dates like you can for any other kind of appointment. The funny thing is that the cabin she has on the cruise for Jan. 10 is available for the 17th, so that is what got her thinking of just changing the sail dates.

If she has cancellation insurance I really suggest she uses it. I think her priority is dealing with her mother's last few hours/days and the aftermath rather than worrying about when to take her cruise. There are thousands of alternative cruises out there, she only has one mother.

Archived