RCI transatlantic 2011

Does anyone know when Royal Caribbean transatlantics go on sale for 2011? I'm looking to do a westbound crossing around april '11. Also, any advice on when to book (very far ahead or last minute?), as I know a lot of people in the uk have difficulties getting price drops. Thanks

Does anyone know when Royal Caribbean transatlantics go on sale for 2011? I'm looking to do a westbound crossing around april '11. Also, any advice on when to book (very far ahead or last minute?), as I know a lot of people in the uk have difficulties getting price drops. Thanks

Don't know when but they are often posted after other parts of the schedule - try calling RCI. By the way most if not all westbound sailings are in the fall and the eastbound sailing in the spring with ships doing east coast and Caribbean itineraries in the fall and winter and European itineraries in the summer. Personally I book far ahead and then watch for price drops but in the UK the rules are different. On our last TA (VOS Nov./Dec.) the lowest prices were for "new bookings only" just a few days before sailing. I would have saved $150 by waiting but would have lost my choice of cabins.

I personally would book as soon as possible to guarantee the cabin I wanted, directly with RCL as I still think they honour proce drops, just they charge an admin fee after the first change. You also get OBC offers for early booking. Also from personal experience, the cruise we booked early for last November actually went up in price and our flights for the transatlantic last April were cheaper when we booked early.

Also the previous poster said almost all RCL transatlantics in April/May are Eastbound, and you wont have Independence coming back over in April 2011 as she is staying in Southampton for the 2010/11 winter season.

Archived