Soda Card Questions...

2preschoolers

Can someone please explain how the Soda Card works? Are we only able to get sodas at the various bars or can we also order them in the dining room with a meal? And is it true that they just give out cans of soda or do they also have fountain sodas? Last question is about refillable mugs. Can you bring your own refillable mug (assuming it's a fountain and not just cans) or do you need to buy the one on Carnival? (And how much is the carnival mug??)

THANKS so much? Just trying to determine if it's worth it or not.

Can someone please explain how the Soda Card works? Are we only able to get sodas at the various bars or can we also order them in the dining room with a meal?yes and yes And is it true that they just give out cans of soda or do they also have fountain sodas?not quite either,you get a sticker on your SaS card, they give you usually a glass of soda, some report getting a can, no fountains Last question is about refillable mugs. Can you bring your own refillable mug (assuming it's a fountain and not just cans) or do you need to buy the one on Carnival? they will refill with cans, and with Carnival mugs, yes, your own, probably, but not guaranteed(And how much is the carnival mug??)I think around 5.00 if you get it at the same time as the card/sticker

THANKS so much? Just trying to determine if it's worth it or not.

Here is a link or two that might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1042532&highlight=soda+cards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106177&highlight=soda+cards

Soda cards work like this...

4.50 per day for kids under 18

7.50 per day for adults

There are no fountain drinks.

The cokes are poured out of a can into the glass. If you have a refillable mug the bartender will fill the mug if you have a card. On the first day you can buy a carnival refillable mug for $4.95 if you buy the soda card.

You can get a "soda" at any bar on the ship.

If you choose to go to the dining room... on the first night a server from the bar will come and ask if anyone wants anything from the bar. If you show them your card, more than likely, ... every time you return to the dining room there will be a "soda" in your place at the table.

We have taken 4 cruises and have bought one for our kids everytime. They are expensive and I don't think my boys actually drink that much coke but I sorta think it's a status thing with the circle c and club o2 kids.

We have just returned home from the triumph 7 day and the charge was $72.45. $63.00 plus 15% gratutity $9.45. I bought 2 refillable mugs and the hubs and I used them and filled them with lemonade and tea which are included in the cruise fare.

I hope this clears it up a bit for you and happy sailing....:D

Also, you can get juices at the bars with it.

and if you buy it while still in port, sales tax is added, so wait until you are out of port for additional savings.

We sailed Carnival once last July. You don't have to buy the mug. We only paid for the soda. We don't drink. I don't drink coffee or tea. Mainly I drink coke or water. We brought bottled water with us. On RCCL we got a mug but on both ships you do not have to have the mug to get soda. I like being able to get a drink when I want and not to carry the mug.

My husband bought the coffee card and the mug was free.

The mug is free on RCCL.

7.50 per day for adults

The cokes are poured out of a can into the glass. If you have a refillable mug the bartender will fill the mug if you have a card. On the first day you can buy a carnival refillable mug for $4.95 if you buy the soda card.

If you choose to go to the dining room... on the first night a server from the bar will come and ask if anyone wants anything from the bar. If you show them your card, more than likely, ... every time you return to the dining room there will be a "soda" in your place at the table.

We have taken 4 cruises and have bought one for our kids everytime. They are expensive and I don't think my boys actually drink that much coke but I sorta think it's a status thing with the circle c and club o2 kids.

We have just returned home from the triumph 7 day and the charge was $72.45. $63.00 plus 15% gratutity $9.45. I bought 2 refillable mugs and the hubs and I used them and filled them with lemonade and tea which are included in the cruise fare.

Holy Cow! When did the latest price hike go into effect? It wasn't to long ago that it was $5.50 - $6.00 per day.:eek:

Even RCI is only $6.00 a day.

Bill

I was on the Splendor in Oct. and it was $6 per day...not sure if it is different on other ships. I am not a big soda drinker and used mine mostly for juices and they would give me 2 glasses if I asked. Daughter used it a couple of times, when I was to lazy to go to bar. It was nice to be able to get a diet coke when needed for that boost of caffeine during the day. LOL!

Also, you can get juices at the bars with it.

JUICE? Now my ears are perked! My husband can drink juice like nobody I know! What types of juices are included if you get the soda card?

My husband bought the coffee card and the mug was free.

Coffee card??? Does this mean coffee is NOT included with Carnival? Eeeek!

The juices are the mixers at the bar. Orange, pineapple, etc.

The coffee card is for the speciality coffee bar. There is coffee on the lido and the dining room no charge. Espresso and cappuccino can be had at dinner in the MDR also no charge.

JUICE? Now my ears are perked! My husband can drink juice like nobody I know! What types of juices are included if you get the soda card? ... Coffee card??? Does this mean coffee is NOT included with Carnival? Eeeek!

IMHO, unless you are drinking more than 6 cans of soda per day, it would be more cost effective to simply buy a can of soda at a bar for $1.50 on your Sail&Sign card. If you are drinking more than 6 cans of soda per day, I'd suggest you see your doctor for a checkup lol. :D Some people cheat the system and get one soda card, then use it for everybody in their group.

Basic coffee is always free and available, but the specialty coffees cost $$.

Juices include Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange. Also besides soda, you can get tonic and soda water (not bottled water). And sodas are $1.95 plus 15% gratuity, if purchased separately. I found I drank more juice, which went very nicely with the special juice I brought onboard.

IMHO, unless you are drinking more than 6 cans of soda per day, it would be more cost effective to simply buy a can of soda at a bar for $1.50 on your Sail&Sign card. If you are drinking more than 6 cans of soda per day, I'd suggest you see your doctor for a checkup lol. :D Some people cheat the system and get one soda card, then use it for everybody in their group.

Basic coffee is always free and available, but the specialty coffees cost $$.

soda card is $6 a day. cans of soda $1.95 plus 15% gratuity each. Once you are on the 4th one you are ahead of the game.

Bill

7.50 per day for adults

I just returned from the Conquest Christmas cruise. The soda card was $6.00 per day. My dining room servers brought 3 glasses at the start of the meal and just kept the refills coming throughout the meal without even asking.

Okay so we have been planning this trip for a while and I had come to the conclusion that the soda card was of no use to us because I don't drink soda and my dh only drinks Dr. Pepper and it is my understanding they do not serve Dr. Pepper. Then, I read this thread and my ears perked up at the mention of juice because I have been at a loss of what to use for my own personal mixers. Now I think the purchase of a soda card will be well worth it.

Just off Triumph - We decided not to get soda cards this time, and came out ahead.

I think that they wanted $45 for an adult soda card. (about $6.50 per day for our 7 day cruise). Buying sodas individually at the bar - with automatic gratuity - was about $2.25. Cans of soda in your cabin were $1.50 + gratuity. Therefore, 3 onboard sodas per day, you are better off paying for them individually, 4 or more per day x 7 days - get the card. Buy it after you leave port and no tax, or pay the tax and start drinking sodas right away.

Free juice at lido cafe in morning only. Free lemonade, iced tea, coffee & water in lido all day (and free soft-serve ice cream & frozen yogurt 24/7 as well).

They were definately "cracking down" on people who tried to share soda cards from what we observed...

Just off Triumph - We decided not to get soda cards this time, and came out ahead.

I think that they wanted $45 for an adult soda card. (about $6.50 per day for our 7 day cruise). Buying sodas individually at the bar - with automatic gratuity - was about $2.25. Cans of soda in your cabin were $1.50 + gratuity. Therefore, 3 onboard sodas per day, you are better off paying for them individually, 4 or more per day x 7 days - get the card. Buy it after you leave port and no tax, or pay the tax and start drinking sodas right away.

Free juice at lido cafe in morning only. Free lemonade, iced tea, coffee & water in lido all day (and free soft-serve ice cream & frozen yogurt 24/7 as well).

They were definately "cracking down" on people who tried to share soda cards from what we observed...

I would just drink the ones out of the mini bar if they were cheaper.:)

Bill

Archived