Anything Freedom.

sixy-six

I'll be sailing on Carnival's Freedom in February and was wondering what the ship is like? what the port is like? you know the same old question that everyone wants to know about. Embarking and disembark I would really like to know more about. I am disabled and worry about such things.:rolleyes: Oh and were is the Port located, I am sure the Taxi Driver will be able to find it with out my help, but you never know.:D

well i'm going to pass on a website someone mentioned in my thread. I love it. It has details of ALL the ships...pictures...and interesting tidbits.

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalFreedom-Profile.html <---this is for "Freedom". But i like to look at all the ships.

Have a great cruise!

KrystalWaters

Are you doing a 6 day cruise?

We are on the Freedom in March and wold very much appreciate your carnival capers.

We are hoping to arrive at the pier about 11:00-11:30 and being onboard by noon-heading to the buffet since more then likly our cabin will not be ready until 1:30.

After lunch head to the dining room to find our table- (really hoping NOT to do this as we requested anytime dining.)

Make sure you check out the Mongolian Buffet. This area will get more crowded as the week goes on and people are finding it- Waits can be listed at 45 minutes.

The port is located in Port Eergldes- but when you tell a taxi driver you are going to Carnival Freedom-they will know exactly where to take you.

Happy sailing! You can check out the FREEDOM review in my signature for lots of pics and details.

ENJOY!--CeleBrat

amazing review= thank you for the time it took.

I was reading about your "private" area for dining.

Is there a buffet there or do you get your stuff and make your way up the steps?

and can you explain the $100 certificates? I dont know if I want to do another carnival cruise after this one.

Booked on Princess for Feb 2011 and have a time share in Aruba now. How long is the certificate good for?

(Princess- its good for 4 years)

Are you doing a 6 day cruise?

We are on the Freedom in March and wold very much appreciate your carnival capers.

We are hoping to arrive at the pier about 11:00-11:30 and being onboard by noon-heading to the buffet since more then likly our cabin will not be ready until 1:30.

After lunch head to the dining room to find our table- (really hoping NOT to do this as we requested anytime dining.)

Make sure you check out the Mongolian Buffet. This area will get more crowded as the week goes on and people are finding it- Waits can be listed at 45 minutes.

The port is located in Port Eergldes- but when you tell a taxi driver you are going to Carnival Freedom-they will know exactly where to take you.

Im going on a 6 day late January. I'll get the capers for ya. :D

Freedom is the best Carnival ship I've been on. If Wee Jimmy is still CD, you'll love him.

All the shows we saw were absolutely fantastic, the entertainment staff was great and the ports we went to (Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama) rocked too... especially Costa Rica.

Honestly, it was the best vacation my fiancee and I have ever been on.

Im going on a 6 day late January. I'll get the capers for ya. :D

Hi David, Can you post the above link (in krystalwaters post) to our roll call? My computer skills are somewhat lacking. :D I think it would be of interest to all.

Thanks!

Dave

Happy sailing! You can check out the FREEDOM review in my signature for lots of pics and details.

ENJOY!--CeleBrat

That has to be one of the all time great reviews. I can hardly wait to go now. You DS looks a lot like my Grandson. I wish I could take him with me he would love it I am sure about that.

I'll be sailing on Carnival's Freedom in February and was wondering what the ship is like? what the port is like? you know the same old question that everyone wants to know about. Embarking and disembark I would really like to know more about. I am disabled and worry about such things.:rolleyes: Oh and were is the Port located, I am sure the Taxi Driver will be able to find it with out my help, but you never know.:D

The Freedom is a huge ship. Tons to do. We used to sit up on the deck at night and watch college football on the huge outdoor screen. And late night pizza for a nightcap.

I assume you're going out of Fort Lauderdale? The port is almost at the end of the airport runway- you'll see it when you fly in. And you'll see the plains taking off while you're on the ship waiting to depart.

Enjoy your cruise . .

amazing review= thank you for the time it took.

I was reading about your "private" area for dining.

Is there a buffet there or do you get your stuff and make your way up the steps?

and can you explain the $100 certificates? I dont know if I want to do another carnival cruise after this one.

Booked on Princess for Feb 2011 and have a time share in Aruba now. How long is the certificate good for?

(Princess- its good for 4 years)

WOW! You read the whole thing?

The private aft buffet area is located in the very back of the buffet. Don't go into the buffet and get dismayed because all the tables are full. Walk ALLLLLL the way to the back. You will see a set of stairs. Go UP those stairs to find more seating (aka, "our private area") as well as several drink stations, and the elusvie fish-n-chips bar.

Also--the $100 certificate, sold onboard the Freedom, is good for 5 years. We actually bought 2, and just redeemed one for our upcoming Miracle cruise. You pay $100, which is essentially a $100 deposit on a cruise, to be determined at a later date. Then when you book, if you get additional OBC based on the length of your cruise. The shorter cruises (3-5 days) get less ($50?), while the 7 days cruises get $100, and I *think* longer cruises get $200 OBC. We liked this deal b/c the OBC was based on the length of the cruise, and NOT the type of cabin you book.

I wasn't able to book the cruise on-line, b/c I couldn't find a way to "factor in" the $100 deposit. So, I just picked up the phone and called Carnival direct, and they booked me, took care of the certificate, and all is well!

Super easy!

CeleBrat

That has to be one of the all time great reviews. I can hardly wait to go now. You DS looks a lot like my Grandson. I wish I could take him with me he would love it I am sure about that.

Aww thanks! Glad it was helpful for you. Just be sure you don't make the same mistake we did, and neglect to get off at the end of the trip!

CeleBrat

Where are all the post since Freedom just came out of dry dock? I want all the new information on what is new.

Been wondering that myself. I guess in a few weeks I well have to take tons of Photos and post them. That's a mean thing to make a lazy old man to do, but it must be done.

yep- read the whole thing- took me almost 2 hours.

Did you try the mongolian buffet? That is the only reason I booked the cruise

Sorry--did not try the Mongolian buffet. Not so much a big fan of that type of food, and the line was always REALLLLLLLLY long there.

You will have to report back for all of us to let us know how it was. I'm sure it's great, hence the long line.

CeleBrat

Sorry--did not try the Mongolian buffet. Not so much a big fan of that type of food, and the line was always REALLLLLLLLY long there.

You will have to report back for all of us to let us know how it was. I'm sure it's great, hence the long line.

CeleBrat

I may have to see if I can get to the Mongolian buffet. But I wont be able to stand in a long line. Oh well I sure I will be able to find some Chocolate melting cake to ease my suffering.

Archived