Balcony question on Conquest...Help!

LaShea

We have already booked a mid-ship balcony on the Conquest for next November. We had a mid-ship balcony on the Ecstasy at the beginning of December and absolutely loved it. Question is...would the extended balcony aft be better than the mid-ship regular balcony? I am mostly worried about the vibrations from the engines. We could clearly feel it in the lounges on the Ecstasy and wonder how it would be on the Conquest. We would be on the Empress Deck 7. Thank you all so much in advance for all your help!;)

I think the vibrations are from the stablizers, not the engines. (not that it matters, but Iv been told its not the engines).

We had a lot more vibration on Triumph aft than on Conquest. Conquest wasnt that bad, but we got some vibration. Iv been in the aft area twice... and didnt bother us. We also ate in the aft of the back dining room and not bad on Conquest.

Up to you if the extended balconies are worth it. I just did a aft view OV and didnt think the view all that spectacular of the wake, but some love it.

I don't think you will notice the engine vibrations at all because that ship is so large. We had an OV on the riviera mid-ship and we could hear the engines but it never bothered us(heavy sleepers). We never noticed engine noise and/or vibrations above the riviera deck and we only noticed when in our cabin. Hope this helps for you.

We have already booked a mid-ship balcony on the Conquest for next November. We had a mid-ship balcony on the Ecstasy at the beginning of December and absolutely loved it. Question is...would the extended balcony aft be better than the mid-ship regular balcony? I am mostly worried about the vibrations from the engines. We could clearly feel it in the lounges on the Ecstasy and wonder how it would be on the Conquest. We would be on the Empress Deck 7. Thank you all so much in advance for all your help!;)

A couple years back I had a table at the aft end of the ship in the Monet Restaurant, Lobby Deck. I could easily feel the vibrations from the propellers.

The next year I had a balcony cabin fairly far aft on the Empress Deck and never felt a thing.

I'd expect that your cabin will be just fine...

:)

Thanks to all of you for your replies! I am sure what ever we choose will be fine, but I think we might just take the extended balcony in the back!!:D Either way I am on a cruise to the Bahamas and couldn't be more excited. The Ecstasy was both of our first cruise and we are now hooked. I put a deposit down on this cruise 1 week after we got back form the first one.

LaShea:

We just got off Conquest 8 days ago (the fog Sunday/Monday cruise). We stayed in Cabin 8458, and found very little sound or vibration in the cabin (we were starboard, next to the aft wrap). I will mention that since we were directly below the Lido deck, we heard chairs periodically moving on the floor (our ceiling) directly above us. However, since we travel with a small fan that creates great "white noise," the sounds just blended into the white noise.

We have enjoyed a deck 6 midship balcony on Conquest a few years ago, and that balcony also was very nice, too. You cannot go wrong with your midship or aft balcony. The extended balcony on the aft was just a little bit of extra balcony heaven!

Bob and Donna from Dallas / Ft. Worth

PS: Our cruise of 12-13-09 was also to the Bahamas. We loved the new ports, and the time on Key West (monsoons and all!). Watch for my Member Ship Review, coming out soon!

Archived