I'm going to Hell and back ....

TheWog

Hell is fun, especially in the shop where they announce, "Who the hell is next?" and "What the hell do you want?"

And where else can you get a picture with the devil himself (whether it is the guy dressed up or the statue along the rocks). It's always fun to mail family and friends postcards from Hell telling them that you've been to Hell and back!

If you go to Hell, make sure you have a round trip ticket. Not sure how the taxi situation is now, but some people who have been dropped off in Hell have had a hard time getting back to the ship or anywhere else.

This was last November, so maybe there are more taxis now. Anyone know?

I would think that you need to pay the cabbie a little extra to hang around for a few minutes. Cabs were rare in that area but there is a gas station (or there was before Ivan) right next to the shops where I'm sure you could call a cab company from a phone there.

Keep in mind, you'll be done within 15 minutes there so it might be worthwhile to keep the cabbie...

I was just reading about the public buses on Grand Cayman and read that one of the routes goes to the Turtle Farm but didn't see if it goes to Hell and back.LOL I also read that there is a post office in Hell in case you want to send a post card. Hummm Wonder how the people who have told me to go to Hell would like to get a post card?LOL Think I'll send one to my Ex.

Thanks phlydude and everyone -

Since we are there, we might as well tag along, since our friends are going anyway. And that way we can say we have been there. I will try to keep the cabbie so we are certain of having a ride. Thanks for all the info. We will be there a week from tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to Hell for the sheer purpose of sending post cards only. I already made my mailinglabels so all I have to do is buy the things and put a label on it and get it mailed. Bit I am looking forward to stopping at the rum cake factory on the way back. (which is across the street from the Turtle farm) its the only place that sells the flavored cakes- pineapple coconut or choc orange ones. oh mi--is it time to go yet??

people have reported bringing along address labels that are pre-printed with family and friend's addresses to ease the process. The counter where you fill out the cards gets very crowded so being preparred helps! Also, keep in mind time is usually limited here so being preparred in advance helps you enjoy your time in Hell!

Oh, yeah - don't forget USA on your addresses on the post cards.

It was just as everyone described. Not much to look at, but I can say I have been there. We arranged at the pier for our taxi/bus to take us and wait and then bring us to the beach. $10 per person total round trip, so not too bad. He made one stop on the way out and then it was just us for the rest of the trip. We stayed about 15-20 mins or so. Bought and mailed the obligatory post cards, took the photos and headed on out. It was what we expected. Was about 10-15 mins to get there. So not too bad at all. Very easy to find taxis as you leave the pier as well, but I didn't see any there waiting to take people back. Glad we arranged to have him wait. Thanks everyone.

Thanks Wog for reporting back- I want ot go to hell but also stop at the rum cake factory-- think I iwll have a problem getting the same cabbie to do both?

No, you should have no problems. Just outline ahead of time what you want to do and they will do it. It will probably only be about $10 per person for that as well since we went right by it on the way there. You will have a great time.

Archived