Free 555 Bus in Sydney

We stayed downtown at the Hilton and used the 555 free bus to get around, mostly between the hotel and Circular Quay. Signs say it only runs until 3:30pm, but it does run later than that. We caught it twice after 5pm, but I am not really sure how late it runs since I never asked. Also note, it runs both directions on the loop so take the shortest direction or you could get stuck on it for a very long time in traffic. We learned that the hard way the first day we got onto it thinking it would just loop back to our hotel (it did, but it took 20 minutes or so). We also discovered if you aren't going very far, it may be quicker to walk if during morning or afternoon commute time because the buses are packed and it takes quite a while loading/unloading and sitting in traffic. If you use them between around 10am to 3pm while most locals are at work they are great!

Signs say it only runs until 3:30pm, but it does run later than that. We caught it twice after 5pm, but I am not really sure how late it runs since I never asked.

It depends which day, Thursdays it's until 9 p.m and Sat, Sun and public holidays it's until 6 p.m.

Archived