Equinox cabin number 6175

MAD70601

Has anyone stayed in this particular cabin (Equinox or Solstice)?

I'm curious about bed location, interconnected cabin doorway(s), and partially obstructed view from balcony.

I know a lifeboat will be directly below my feet (somehow comforting LOL), but how far does it stick out past my railing? I don't need to see the water below my cabin - I know what water looks like - but how much will I have to look out "over" the lifeboat?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I'm curious about bed location, interconnected cabin doorway(s), and partially obstructed view from balcony.

I know a lifeboat will be directly below my feet (somehow comforting LOL), but how far does it stick out past my railing? I don't need to see the water below my cabin - I know what water looks like - but how much will I have to look out "over" the lifeboat?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Is that an AQ cabin?

Seems like 6207, 6208, 6209, 6210 would have nicer balconies and be potentially less expensive (2D vs. 2C). If you need the connected cabins that would be a different matter. 6207 and 6210 also have the convertible sofa.

....based on the every other cabin configuration that 6175 would have the bed near the bath. My deck plans shows that it is a connecting cabin where they share the same doorway.

Here are some pictures of the obstructed view balconies on Equinox. We were in two different cabins, 6189 and 6165. However I popped into some of the other cabins on the change out day for our back-to-back and got some pictures of other obstructed view.

http://celebrityequinoxancientempiresandtran.blogspot.com/2009/11/equinox-cabin.html

Best,

Michelle

....based on the every other cabin configuration that 6175 would have the bed near the bath. My deck plans shows that it is a connecting cabin where they share the same doorway.

Here are some pictures of the obstructed view balconies on Equinox. We were in two different cabins, 6189 and 6165. However I popped into some of the other cabins on the change out day for our back-to-back and got some pictures of other obstructed view.

http://celebrityequinoxancientempiresandtran.blogspot.com/2009/11/equinox-cabin.html

Best,

Michelle

Michelle,

Thanks for posting the photos. I am booked for a March sailing in Cabin 6165 and ironically enough was originally booked in cabin 6189. Now I wonder if it is worth the extra $250 to move up a category closer to the bow not to have the obstructed view.

Lee

Michelle,

Thanks for posting the photos. I am booked for a March sailing in Cabin 6165 and ironically enough was originally booked in cabin 6189. Now I wonder if it is worth the extra $250 to move up a category closer to the bow not to have the obstructed view.

Lee

Lee,

Ironically, 6189 has a better view. You can see between the lifeboats down to the water. If you can switch back and save some money I would switch to 6189 over 6165. Also 6189 had no cabin creaking noise. 6165 did but our room stewards seemed to get most of it out. And the phone in 6165 wouldn't become dark after use. In 6189 it did. We had great stewards in both rooms!

Best,

Michelle

Edited by AWorldCruise4Me

Thanks for the picture of 6155. That's the one I'll be in in 3 days.

Do you know if the bed is near the balcony or bathroom?

Hi,

It had the bed near the bathroom. An easy way to tell (at least on deck 6 on that side) is the rooms on the deck plan with the triangles and/or squares were bed near the bath. The ones without were bed near the balcony. The exception being the ones at the back where there are no markings. For those you have to count every other room from the ones with markings. I'm not sure if this applies everywhere on the ship as I only researched rooms in that area.

Have a great time!

Michelle

Lee,

Ironically, 6189 has a better view. You can see between the lifeboats down to the water. If you can switch back and save some money I would switch to 6189 over 6165. Also 6189 had no cabin creaking noise. 6165 did but our room stewards seemed to get most of it out. And the phone in 6165 wouldn't become dark after use. In 6189 it did. We had great stewards in both rooms!

Best,

Michelle

Thanks again. We had 6189 for an earlier march booking, but decided to move the booking to a later date to save a little money. Now I am thinking about moving closer towards the bow not to have any obstructed view. Without your photos, my first guess would have been that the view would be worse from 6189 since it was next to the tenders, but the photos clearly show otherwise. No matter the location, it still should be a great cruise.

Lee,

Best,

Michelle

Michelle,

I am booked in cabin 6190 on the starboard side. Did you happen to see any cabins on that side of the ship? Shouldn't 6190 have the view between the lifeboats like 6189?

Kathy

Lee,

Best,

Michelle

Michelle,

I am booked in cabin 6190 on the starboard side. Did you happen to see any cabins on that side of the ship? Shouldn't 6190 have the view between the lifeboats like 6189?

Kathy

Michelle,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I did not see the cabins on that side. However I think that you are most likely right. It should also have a view between the lifeboats since it is the mirror cabin on the other side.

Cheers!

Michelle

Michelle,

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I did not see the cabins on that side. However I think that you are most likely right. It should also have a view between the lifeboats since it is the mirror cabin on the other side.

Cheers!

Michelle

• 5 years later...

I see this is a very old post but am reviving this in hopes for an answer to my question. I am going to recommend 6189 to some friends and was wondering if the smoking from below on deck 5 has any impact on this balcony. It is slightly forward of the smoking section but does anyone have experience that smokers or the smoke make way under this slightly more forward cabin? thanks

PS - 6190 is not available

We stayed in 6177 and our boys in 6175 two weeks ago.

if I can work out how to post pics I will later today. I can confirm that the balcony divider can be partially removed. The door to the cabin open in rather than out. We did not use nor were offered the 'joint' outside to hall door the connecting cabins have.

For what its worth, our 2 sons moved to 6169 for the second B2B. The door opening out aside, they preferred this cabin configuration with be by the balcony rather than the closet which is the case 6175.