Best Dunns River falls excursion

-ClevelandRocks-

We booked with Marva Shaw and had a great time. She made sure that we got to the falls before all of the ships tours so it wasn't crowded. We were finished by the time the busses arrived and were on our way to our next stop.

She will customize a tour for you so you can choose what you want or she has some prearranged tours if that works better for you. Lots of threads about her services! Highly recommend her!

We booked with Peat Taylor last year and had a great time, one of our best excursions. Four years ago I went with my wife and son on a Carnival excursion and I felt uncomfortable. My wife wanted to do Dunn's Falls and river tubing but we could not book both through Carnival so we went with Peat. After six cruises this was our first non Carnival excursion and have always gone with private excursions since then.

Not only did we go to the falls and tubing, we went to the Ruins for a great lunch. We went back to the ship, but Peat and his nephew took the family we were with shopping. I felt safe since someone was always with us.

We are planning next year to go back there and I will definiltly contact Peat to do another tour.

Thanx for all the suggestions. Also, are special shoes required to climb the falls + is there any other way down besides sliding. After 3 back surgeries, not sure if a bumpy ride down the hill is a good idea.

We have also used Peat Taylor's services. Marva Shaw would be a great provider as well. Look into White River tubing as well. It is a great time. Not whitewater, but a mild float down the river. River isn't deep either. Lots of fun.

Water shoes are highly recommended. They can be rented there. If you don't have a pair some people have worn old sneakers and then just thrown them out at the top. You don't do any sliding. You descend a staircase to the bottom of the falls where it meets the ocean and there is a beach. Your guide then leads you up the falls by climbing. There are some spots that are trickier than others, but the other people in your group will help you along the way. If you find you need a break or want to stop, there are locations along the way that you can get out and climb the stairs back up. The staircase is right along the falls so you can see everything. You can also get back in farther up if you desire.

Archived