Has anyone taken the Atlantis Aquaventure in Nassau?

mlredman2

Hi. On the eastern Caribbean cruise, we dock in Nassau for only the afternoon. I'd love to hear from someone who did the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion from Royal Caribbean. Was it worth it? Thanks! :)

whether or not it's worth it depends on what YOU are looking to get out of it. I did it in November on Majesty because I have been wanting to go for several years to experience the "Leap of Faith" waterslide (near vertical drop) For me, it was worth it to finally get do that. It's pricey though, so if you're comparing it to say, Blizzard Beach at Disney and what you'd pay for a day there, you might walk away disappointed in the value.

I went to Atlantis last year (not on a cruise). The place is the BEST. The water park (Aquaventure) is hands down the best water park I've ever seen. The "lazy" river ("The Current") is awesome and the waterslides are great. They have two waterslide areas: the Mayan Temple and the Power Tower.

In the Mayan Temple, you have the famous speed slide ("Leap of Faith") that shoots you through the shark tank. They also have a tube slide that ends up in the shark tank. You take a slow ride through the tank on your tube after the slide before you exit.

The Power Tower has 4 waterslides - 3 tube slides and 1 body slide. The body slide ("The Abyss") is very fast and completely in the dark. It ends up in an underground cave at the end where they have fish in aquariums. The tube slides are all water coaster (Master Blaster) type slides with up and down hills. They were my favorite slides in the place. You can get to them from the lazy river via a conveyer and you never have to leave your tube (except if you want to ride the slide at the top). The slides end up back in the lazy river too.

The place is definitely worth the money. I'm very happy to see that they are offering this excursion and I'll book it in a heartbeat.

To be honest, I actually considered canceling my Oasis cruise and just going back to the Atlantis instead.

Can anyone who's taken the "Discover Atlantis Tour" through Royal Caribbean let me know if you are responsible for returning to the ship on your own?

I'm more interested in seeing Atlantis and don't need to use the water park portion of it. The least expensive excursion is called "Atlantis - Discover Atlantis Tour". This one doesn't mention anything about returning to the ship on your own, so the assumption is that return transportation is provided and you stay with the tour the entire time.

The next expensive version is called "Atlantis Beach Day". This one says that you will "Receive a voucher for the ferry back to the ship." So the assumption is that you are own your own to catch the ferry and make it back.

The next (most exp) is the "Atlantis Aquaventure" which also mentions you will "Receive a voucher for the ferry back to the ship."

It would appear that with the first tour, you will go back with the group, and thus the ship will not leave without you if the tour has not returned... can anyone confirm? Thx.

Aqua Bliss, in same exact situation as you. Only 6 hours in port and wanna go to Atlantis w/my group but not interested in everything. Stayed there a few years back and have visited 2x since on cruises. In my opinion, skip the Aquaventure. Too expensive for the time allotted. We looked in to the Comfort Suites alternative but not cost effective as 2 of the 4 in my group wouldn't use the water park. You could just take a taxi over to Atlantis and purchase Day Pass but I believe they're like $100 or so and my run out before you get there. I think the Beach Day is best option if booking through cruiseline as it's only $69 and you get complete access to resort w/exception to the Aquaventure and Pools. Not sure about the return to ship as the brochure states last ferry leaves @ 5? Taxi $5/person to get back, but if you're not on last ferry and you're late for the ship, doubt they'll wait for ya. Gotta be back by 6:30.

Archived