1a cabins on paradise class ship

carol459

Which are the biggest or location.? we have heard there are some 1a with port holes cabins in aft understairs oe behind a door??????? we won a cruise for 2 on paradise with a 1a cabin.........we ususally have oceanview or on other ships balcony

But FREE is FREE

thanks for the help

carol

On my back to back on the Fantasy, I noticed E181 ( a 1A) had 2 twins

together. I asked and was told the party requested it and they could fit it in the room. On the next leg it was removed. Dont know who to request it with but i assume guest services before you leave.

The Paradise is a Fantasy class ship. Porthole cabins are now classified as PT. They are all the way forward. The 1A is a bunkbed cabin.

Here's a link to the Paradise's deck plan-

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=PA&icid=CC_Carnival Paradise_181

Yep....Seems they have done away with the 1A porthole cabins on the Fantasy Class ships (which include the Paradise) which is too bad. Have used them twice and loved them. i have also used the inside 1A's and they were fine, but the portholes were cool....

I have had a 1A on Paradise aft on Upper deck and it was fine.

NO PORTHOLE....

The bathroom seemed as large as all others on the ship save the Cat 12 penthouse suites.

I was traveling with my uncle who is a pretty big guy and we had no problems.

Tom in Long Beach

Yep....Seems they have done away with the 1A porthole cabins on the Fantasy Class ships (which include the Paradise) which is too bad. Have used them twice and loved them. i have also used the inside 1A's and they were fine, but the portholes were cool....

There never were any 1A portholes on this ship .... the PTS used to be 5As, then they were included in the 4s, now they broke them back out as PTs.

This class of ship, the port holes were never included as 1A choices. ... not a matter of doing away with them.

I know I booked one as a 5A back in 2006 ... so Im sure at least back that far.

. . . I noticed E181 (a 1A) had 2 twins together. I asked and was told the party requested it and they could fit it in the room. On the next leg it was removed. Dont know who to request it with but i assume guest services before you leave.

And, oddly enough, I'm requesting just the opposite. I've got another E181 arranged in a few months, and I've had CCL add in the reservation notes to please NOT do the double bedding. Twice recently it was done on Carnival Sensation, and it was totally meant as a 'nice surprise' by the cabin steward. He was so proud of himself for making the effort, and surprising me, that I didn't dare admit I hated losing the extra floor space.

Hi. I am so happy to have a little info. I had E 189 I believe on Carnival Paradise in June. It is an upper/lower...but plenty of storage and closet room. A couple at my table

did the same for a short cruise and found they were down the hall from me. This was the last cabin on the aft (back) of ship of this type. It had the fake window which is a help. The ages of the couple I guess were 70 and 73 or so. If ladder no issue...no problem for short cruise. Quiet above. The blank storage area had very little noise coming from it.

Quiet on all sides of me. This was the 4 day cruise. I do hear of folks

putting upper mattress on floor if need be. Congratulations on winning one!! I loved

it..I like a wide variety of travel...found things to be a nice mix of casual and dressy;

varied ages, families, singles, graduates, etc. Not the big lobster pieces people rave about...but you can order second plate..mine was tiny tail with jumbo shrimp..delicious.

I will order another plate if small next time...I have had very little lobster in life...it was devine...by all votes. Happy Travels...sjn911

I just read the OP's entry a bit more closely..would prefer window etc. too. As you say,

free is free. I really enjoyed the quiet and the ability to get good walks in and come out on atrium level etc. I learned I will not be clausterphobic at all at that level and will choose it for many situations and reasons...especially on that class ship or that size cabin...for one week or less. sjn911

I just read the OP's entry a bit more closely..would prefer window etc. too. As you say,

free is free. I really enjoyed the quiet and the ability to get good walks in and come out on atrium level etc. I learned I will not be clausterphobic at all at that level and will choose it for many situations and reasons...especially on that class ship or that size cabin...for one week or less. sjn911

OP cant get a window for free, they won a 1A and none on Fantasy class ships have any windows or port holes. Holiday, a pre Fantasy class, had some, but no Fantasy class ships have them. They would need to pay to upgrade.

OP cant get a window for free, they won a 1A and none on Fantasy class ships have any windows or port holes. Holiday, a pre Fantasy class, had some, but no Fantasy class ships have them. They would need to pay to upgrade.

Thanks...I understood that. I was just saying what they said...free is free. All the more info the better. Happy New Years all. sjn911

Waiting for the New Year's drive to celebration...size question...I believe 185 square

feet for the 1A cabin. Someone will correct me. I had 3 other folks for a short sitdown on an impromptu cabin crawl from our big table. They all couldn't believe the size. They were in Category 11's. I got the better end of the cabin crawl. Bathrooms were the same....I think. Cat. 11 that is of course...not 12. Fireworks already starting with crazy

neighbors...Bye. sjn911

Archived