New Orleans Port Parking Question

canjay95

I have read that the port parking is $16 a day in New Orleans. My question is if you are on a 5 day cruise, do they charge you for the day you debark as well? That would make 6 days of parking charges instead of 5. We are sharing a vehicle with another couple and I'm trying to figure out what our part of the parking will be. I assumed it would be $80, but am now wondering if it will be $96. Can someone whose been there recently help me??

Thanks!

Not many cities have cruise ports downtown on prime real estate. Parking at many hotels in the French Quarter runs $30 or more a day. Compared to the parking in New York, $16/day is a bargain. You really can't compare it to parking in a cow pasture somewhere else.

Instead of taking a shuttle bus to the terminal, you take an elevator. You have covered parking that is within the security perimeter of the port and is lighted and patrolled.

Instead of taking a shuttle bus to the terminal, you take an elevator. You have covered parking that is within the security perimeter of the port and is lighted and patrolled.

I agree. I have sailed from NOLA once, and I loved the convenience of the parking. I was just wondering if there was a place like EZ Cruise nearby, where we could save a good bit of money. For no more savings than that, I will definitely park at the terminal. I have 3 Triumph cruises coming up this spring. Can't wait to visit NOLA again! :)

There is a company it is called Fulton PlaceParking. If you google Fulton Street Parking near Convention Center you will find the site. I have parked there every Cruise that I have taken. As a matter of fact I parked there about two weeks ago for the first 7 day cruise on the Triumph. They offer shuttle service to and from the terminal on departure and return. It is a covered inside parking garage. Now as for the comment about New Orleans and our parking we are comparable to just about any other major city.icon13.gif You just have to shop around to find the best deal. Oh by the way did I mentioned that for all of that service I paid $70.00 :Dfor seven days do the math 5 for $50.00;). Good Luck and have a safe visit to and from our Great City.

In my opinion, I would only park at the cruise terminal. No one can get to your vehicle. New Orleans is not the best place to park your vehicle in a outdoor parking lot. The convience itself is worth it.

New Orleans is no worse than anywhere else to park you car outside. If you noticed about a month or two ago someone posted that there were problems at the terminal and we know that it was some passenger on the ship if we say that the terminal is secure:confused:. I would imagine if someone wants to do wrong no matter what or who it will be done. So just use a little common sense and be safe and not sorry. Have a good visit to our great city. Try Fulton Street Parking on Convention Center Blvd with free Shuttle Service to and from the Terminal and secure parking.

There is a company it is called Fulton PlaceParking. If you google Fulton Street Parking near Convention Center you will find the site. I have parked there every Cruise that I have taken. As a matter of fact I parked there about two weeks ago for the first 7 day cruise on the Triumph. They offer shuttle service to and from the terminal on departure and return. It is a covered inside parking garage. Now as for the comment about New Orleans and our parking we are comparable to just about any other major city.icon13.gif You just have to shop around to find the best deal. Oh by the way did I mentioned that for all of that service I paid $70.00 :Dfor seven days do the math 5 for $50.00;). Good Luck and have a safe visit to and from our Great City.

Thanks for that info. I will check them out next cruise.

Update: just checked the web site for them, actually it was the convention center site and the price has gone up to $12 a day, still a good deal compared to the terminal.

Last year my parents parked in the cruise terminal. My father became ill and was evacuated from the ship- transferred to a hospital in Miami and after a few weeks passed away. My sister and I had to go to the terminal and had no idea how long it would take to find the car and hoped it would be intact. We had contacted the port authorities during this time to make sure it wouldn't be towed. When we arrived we found the car safe and sound!!:DShould have seen that parking bill.:eek:

Prior to the new cruise terminal opening in New Orleans, Fulton Street garage was one of the official cruise parking locations. It is also covered parking. FYI, the Hertz Convention Center location parks their cars there.

There are porters who will help cart your luggage down to the shuttle buses (expecting a tip).

Prior to the new cruise terminal opening in New Orleans, Fulton Street garage was one of the official cruise parking locations. It is also covered parking. FYI, the Hertz Convention Center location parks their cars there.

There are porters who will help cart your luggage down to the shuttle buses (expecting a tip).

Do they run the shuttle buses both ways, To and from the terminal after the cruise? On the map it only looks like a couple of blocks walk. Mapquest shows a walking distance of .2 mile from the garage to the terminal.

Do they run the shuttle buses both ways, To and from the terminal after the cruise? On the map it only looks like a couple of blocks walk. Mapquest shows a walking distance of .2 mile from the garage to the terminal.

I think they have to - when one cruise ends, another begins, but don't know how the pickup works.

I have walked from there before when I had a Hertz rental. Not bad if you don't overpack and the weather cooperates.

There is no (open) path through the Convention Center so you need to walk to one end or the other (Julia St or Hederson St).

Yes, when you disembarke after the cruise if you walk to the end of the terminal you can get the same Shuttle back to the garage. There is a very friendly older gentlemen who operates the shuttle and he will give you directions on how he will pick you up upon return. Give him a tip because he does this as a second job after retirement. The Porters at the garage will also help take your luggage to your car and you can tip them between the two it costs about ten bucks. Well worth the time and the service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I found a cheap one and I am excited about letting everybody know about this one, because if you love cruises they have very cheap prices in quite a few ports that we sail out off. :) Yuhuuu!!!

they are located on Convention Boulevard right accross from the B terminal of the Convetion Center. A very nice and clean garage. They are only $10 per day and they give you free shutlle to the port. :) And for the next time you can book it online. I googled " cheap port parking in new orleans" and they were at the top with $10 ...i think it was something about airport parking but they also sell cruise parking. :)

Happy Sailing :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you stay overnite at the Marriott Courtyard you can park

your vehicle for the duration of your cruise for free.

Which Marriott Courtyard? The one downtown says they charge $29 a day:eek:

Archived