Divi Flamingo or Plaza Resort for snorkeling

CRUISERTN

Which area has the best snorkeling from the beach - the Divi Flamingo or the Plaza Resort? How are they different, and what makes one better than the other. We have been to Klein and the drift snorkel was interesting and we saw a lot of fish and coral, but visibility was not as good as we expected. We will be going back in a few months and this time wanted to just snorkel from one of the local beaches.

Which area has the best snorkeling from the beach - the Divi Flamingo or the Plaza Resort? How are they different, and what makes one better than the other. We have been to Klein and the drift snorkel was interesting and we saw a lot of fish and coral, but visibility was not as good as we expected. We will be going back in a few months and this time wanted to just snorkel from one of the local beaches.

Divi is closer to the ship if you are walking and has a smaller beach. The snorkling is great at both.

Divi is closer to the ship if you are walking and has a smaller beach. The snorkling is great at both.

Understand there has been some hurricane damage to the reefs. Is there still good snorkeling from the shore?

• 2 weeks later...

My experience was that the snorkeling was much better at the Plaza than the Divi. I thought too much of the Divi was sandy bottom, while there was much more reef at the Plaza. Saw much more variety at the Plaza.

• 5 weeks later...
YoPhilly - I saw the photos of your "snorkel spot in Bonaire". Was that the spot by the Plaza hotel? If not, where is the location in your photo?

It's down by the airport. I don't know the name of the place - Renee took us there.

Archived