Photo Frenzy Sale

wanderlust402

On Tuesday, December 22nd, Equinox had a "Photo Frenzy Sale" from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. What is that event?

I guess more broadly could someone explain how the photo services work on Celebrity ships? My previous experiences on the line that must not be named included trying to climb over the unwashed masses to see my photos on the wall and then I had to pay through the nose for the hard copy before I could pay even more to have the photos on a CD.

I have seen postings on this board that shows folks viewing their photos on their TV screen. That seems so much more civilized. Could someone tell me more about photo services, packages, service offerings and prices? I keep dreaming of some day being able to purchase all of the ship photos on CD for one price and being able to assemble an order a photo book from home.

Yes on the new ships you can view your photos on your TV, we then went down to the photo area when it was open and purchased our photos. We also made our own CD from our memory chip, can't remember quite how much it was but we did not feel it was too expensive or we would not have done it.

On Tuesday, December 22nd, Equinox had a "Photo Frenzy Sale" from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. What is that event?

I guess more broadly could someone explain how the photo services work on Celebrity ships? My previous experiences on the line that must not be named included trying to climb over the unwashed masses to see my photos on the wall and then I had to pay through the nose for the hard copy before I could pay even more to have the photos on a CD.

I have seen postings on this board that shows folks viewing their photos on their TV screen. That seems so much more civilized. Could someone tell me more about photo services, packages, service offerings and prices? I keep dreaming of some day being able to purchase all of the ship photos on CD for one price and being able to assemble an order a photo book from home.

The photo frenzy sale was buy 2 photos, get 1 free. The pricing on the smaller ones (5x7? photo with a border) was $14.95, the 8x10's were $19.95.

You could view your photos on the TV, but not all of them would show up, particularly if you didn't hand them your room card when the picture was taken. I think there was an option to purchase photos from the TV, but they still put all of the hard copies up in the Photo Gallery for guests to claim. It was crowded at times, but never so much that you couldn't find your photos and take a seat to review them.

They did not offer to sell all of the photos on CD that I know of, I would have been interested in that as well!

I think there was an option to purchase photos from the TV, but they still put all of the hard copies up in the Photo Gallery for guests to claim. It was crowded at times, but never so much that you couldn't find your photos and take a seat to review them.

Was this on Solstice/Equinox or an older ship? I am planning for an Eclipse cruise in the future.

The photo frenzy sale was buy 2 photos, get 1 free. The pricing on the smaller ones (5x7? photo with a border) was $14.95, the 8x10's were $19.95.

Did you have to purchase an 8x10 before you could purchase the 5x7, or was it just that different shots had been pre-printed certain ways? I know sometimes gangway photos on other ships may have been pre-printed as 5x7 while formal night shots were 8x10.

This was on the 12/14 Equinox cruise, 10 day Caribbean.

And yes, the shots were just pre-printed different ways. Formals were 8x10, and I believe the welcome aboard shot was 8x10 also. Gangway, bars & restaurants, etc. were 5x7. There were no requirements as to which you had to purchase first, but I'm sure in terms of the photo frenzy promo, the equal or lesser value is the free one.

There was also another promo that they ran 2 days during the cruise, where you buy 4 8x10's at 19.95, and you get the display folder with the stock shot of Equinox for free (actually a photoshopped pic of the Solstice, but still nice :)). Not as good a deal in my opinion, but better than nothing!

There were also some prepaid photo packages available during the first 5 days of the cruise, but I don't remember much detail on those (I may be able to look back and see if it was listed in the daily bulletins though). Overall, the buy 2, get 1 free was the best deal that was offered, and it was offered only for a few hours on the 2nd to last day at sea.

We bought the photo package 4 8X10 and 2 of the other size for $79, they give you a punch card. Each day we went and pulled our photos from the racks and had them hold then in a folder for us, on the last day we picked the ones we liked.

Considering they are promoting the save the waves program, they sure waste alot of photo paper and ink printing a bunch of pics no one wants. They need to take a look at disneys photo program of prebuying a photo cd- your card is scanned each time you have a photo taken then all are loaded onto a cd so you can go to your favorite photo place and get the sizes you want printed. Really how many 8x10 do I want? I am happy with all 4x6 so I can put them in an album and maybe one 5/7 for a frame.. We paid $100 for our disney CD and got over 100 nice shots in the parks.

Bev

We paid $100 for our disney CD and got over 100 nice shots in the parks.

I totally agree. I have done two trips to Walt Disney World in the last three years and both times purchased the photo CD and then used their online tool to build a photo book. I then only printed off about 24 4x6 photos to share with co-workers. I have no need for any 8x10 or 5x7 prints.

We bought the photo package 4 8X10 and 2 of the other size for $79, they give you a punch card. Each day we went and pulled our photos from the racks and had them hold then in a folder for us, on the last day we picked the ones we liked.

This photo package sounds like a good way of getting a better price. I agree that pre-printing photos is such a waste.

Archived