Travel Agent for Chile?

ALadyNCal

I'm having a tough time finding car rental companies or getting the ones I do find to reply.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent that might help?

As far as I know, Cintia does not do reservations in Chile.

Thanks.

I'm having a tough time finding car rental companies or getting the ones I do find to reply.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent that might help?

As far as I know, Cintia does not do reservations in Chile.

Thanks.

Just a curious question. Why would you want to rent a car in Chile? I fly to Chile and Peru at least 4 times a year on business and have never rented a car. Cars and drivers are too easy to find and very inexpensive. Safety is one reason to have a car and driver. Carjackings are notorious in Lima, not quite as bad in Santiago. Get lost and end up in the wrong neighborhood and you could be in very serious trouble. I shudder to think what would happen if you had an accident. Your choice, but IMHO, I would abandon the rental car idea.

• 3 months later...

Greatam, Do you have the name and number for a car and driver to take a couple from the airport to the Sheraton Santiago? What is the approximate price? I would like to feel that my friends are in good hands.

Thanks

Fran

Fran - you may want to contact www.enaturchile.com They are charging us $25 from our hotel to the airport. Friends at a different hotel were quoted $40 due to distance. I guess cost will depend on where the Sheraton is located. This co. was recommended by Bohemio - see the thread titled beginner. They have been very responsive to e-mail.Julie

I am sure the conciege of a hotel like the Sheraton would be able to arrange a car and driver to take one to the airport.

We will be staying at the Ritz Carlton and we will be asking our conciege to arrange our transport.

Jennie

Archived