Need Help!

jjdjcruisers

My family of 4 will be taking our first cruise this March 2010, we port out of Miami, but I am having trouble finding good airline prices for Miami, so I am thinking we might be flying into FLL. It looks like for the best price we will be staying 1 night before and 1 night afte our cruise. I am hoping to find a hotel that provides shuttle service to/from airport and to/from Miami port... am I hoping for too much? :eek:

Thanks in advance for your help!

My family of 4 will be taking our first cruise this March 2010, we port out of Miami, but I am having trouble finding good airline prices for Miami, so I am thinking we might be flying into FLL. It looks like for the best price we will be staying 1 night before and 1 night afte our cruise. I am hoping to find a hotel that provides shuttle service to/from airport and to/from Miami port... am I hoping for too much? :eek:

Thanks in advance for your help!

There are some hotels in Miami that provide transport to & from MIA, fewer that provide transport both to airport & POM. But I don't think you will find any miami hotels that will take you to FLL or vice versa.

Also the hotels that do shuttle to POM only provide transport there, I don't believe they pick up from the port after the cruise.

If you are flying into FLL and plan on staying overnight, I would check into doing a one-way car rental with one of the agencies that can offer shuttle service to the POM and will be able to pick you up after the cruise in order for you to one-way rent back to FLL.

I have a site with a couple that will pick you up from Ft. Lauderdale airport, and shuttle you to the port in Ft. Lauderdale ... but not to Miami port, but a cab isnt that much, its not that far. Its doable. You could take the shuttle back to the airport and do share a ride if there are only 2 of you. Share a ride only goes from the Ft. Lauderdale airport regularly, they promise to get you out within 30 minutes. that would save a little.

Car rental is the least expensive way for a family to go from FLL to Miami, but keep in mind that almost all Miami hotels charge about $20 per day for parking unless you're at an airport hotel. A few of them have shuttles to the port, and some charge.

We are doing the same thing - flying into FLL (got tickets for $200pp RT) and spending 2 nights pre-cruise in Miami and then spending 2 nights post cruise in Ft Lauderdale. The Florida departure board has been invaluable:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Archived