Liberty, Valor, or Glory for a December cruise?

tru2logan

I am trying to decide which is the best option for an anniversary cruise next December. My options are either the Liberty Valor or Glory all leaving out of Miami all right around the same price. I have only been on one cruise before, the Elation out of San Diego. Im not real picky on the Itinerary as i have never been to any of the Carribean ports before. Any advice from those members who have sailed on these ships before would be appreciated.

I am trying to decide which is the best option for an anniversary cruise next December. My options are either the Liberty Valor or Glory all leaving out of Miami all right around the same price. I have only been on one cruise before, the Elation out of San Diego. Im not real picky on the Itinerary as i have never been to any of the Carribean ports before. Any advice from those members who have sailed on these ships before would be appreciated.

We have sailed on all three and if I had to make a choice, it would be the Glory. Pics in my sig. :)

Luv's Crusin'

We have done the Valor 4 weeks ago and loved it! Booked her again in January 2011. We were torn between the Glory and Valor when we initially booked. Same itinerary, sister ships...Valor was cheaper by $20.

Either choice will be awesome...your on vacation!

Yep, they're all basically the same ship. We too, have sailed all three of these ships, and since the only one I've done rather recently was "Glory", I can't advise you on differences in the crew. I'm booked on "Liberty" at the end of the month, so I can tell you about it later, but for now, IMO, it's absolutely a toss up. I guess book the one that offers the cabin you prefer!

"SKY"

We have sailed all three and if the itineraries make no difference I think the Liberty has the best interior look of the three. It kind of reminds me of an old time ship with all of the iron work they used to decorate it, as each ship has a theme. Other than that they are all Conquest class ships with the Glory's debut in 2003, the Valor in 2004, and the Liberty in 2005.

Here are the themes for the three you are looking at:

Glory............ rainbow of colors

Valor............ famous heroes & heroines

Liberty.......... great artisans & artisan works

Since the ships are sisters and all have the same layout, and since they all leave out of Miami, I would chose based upon itinerary...so you need to tell us which ports - Liberty does a couple eastern routes.

It would be also helpful to know if you think you would prefer more develped ports with lots of shopping like St. Thomas, St. Martin and San Juan, or if you would prefer something more exotic/undeveloped like Grand Turk and Hondouras. Are you beach/snorkel people? Regardless of the above, I would stay away from Jamaica though it is a lovely place for an AI.

Since the ships are sisters and all have the same layout, and since they all leave out of Miami, I would chose based upon itinerary...so you need to tell us which ports - Liberty does a couple eastern routes.

It would be also helpful to know if you think you would prefer more develped ports with lots of shopping like St. Thomas, St. Martin and San Juan, or if you would prefer something more exotic/undeveloped like Grand Turk and Hondouras. Are you beach/snorkel people? Regardless of the above, I would stay away from Jamaica though it is a lovely place for an AI.

Liberty is sailing an eastern route (San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten)

Valor is sailing Western ( Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)

Glory is sailing the same as Valor but just in opposite order

Looking a little closer it looks like the Liberty is costing around $75 more per person. I guess we would perfer more developed ports and snorkeling would be fun.

Thanks for all your imput.

Liberty is sailing an eastern route (San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten)

Valor is sailing Western ( Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)

Glory is sailing the same as Valor but just in opposite order

Looking a little closer it looks like the Liberty is costing around $75 more per person. I guess we would perfer more developed ports and snorkeling would be fun.

Thanks for all your imput.

If you want the devloped ports, take the Liberty. Western is my personal favorite as it has a more exotic feel and my family is big into nature/wildlife. But after doing that twice, we did Eastern in August. I was booked on Captain Alan's 3 island snorkel adventure (private - run a google search) in St. M. that looked fantastic. We missed it due to TS Bill.:mad: But that would be a big draw for me to head back to St. M. I cruised out of San Juan once and it is fun for shopping and it is nice to walk to the fort. In St. Thomas, try an island tour with perhaps some beach time - we did Henry with EEE tours and it was great! We even passed up the beach time so we could see more of the island as we were having so much fun with him.

I've sailed all three ships as well and loved all of them. I agree with other posters - it comes down to itinerary. My main problem with Valor's itinerary (and would be with Glory as well) is the four ports in four days. As much as we like visiting ports, this itinerary can wear you out - and we like sea days. That's why Liberty would be my preference of the three cruises you've listed.

Archived