Mariner of the Seas May 23, 2010

7happycruisers

Hello, Bob and Beau from Dallas. We have been together for 12 years and have 5 adopted children. We might be taking this cruise after our three youngest are in a wedding on the 22nd. We should know in the next few weeks if the wedding is on or not. (long story, LOL) Would love to know if anyone else is on this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard guys. We are currently in cabins 6531 & 6533. Beau and I will be in one cabin with our boys, and the three girls in the other. I am going to TRY and get us into the Family Suite right before we cruise. Not sure if I can get RCCL to lower the rates for the suite or not. Did you sign up for the Meet & Mingle? Bunch of Aussies listed on the "regular" thread. We've also posted on cruisemates.com and meet me on board.com. Can't wait to meet you.

Bob

Hi again,

You guys seem to have an interesting and great life with the whole family. We are in a balcony guarantee so don't know where we will end up. This cruise will be a couple of months past our 24th anniversary and also 2 months shy of 24 years since we last visited PV for us. Look forward to a great time both on board and on shore. I know the Aussies can get lively! Hope a few more join us on this thread. Now just have to figure out what to do in Mazatlan:confused:

Paul

Hey guys, BIG CONGRATS on the 24 years. We celebrate our 12th on Valentines Day. We have never sailed the Mex Rivera, so not sure what (if any) excursions we will do. Our youngest three will prob stay on board the entire cruise. We may take them off in Cabo and do a beach day. I haven't checked out any of the excursions offered. Any recommendations? PV will prob be a walk around day/sightsee. robertrusso64@yahoo.com

Hi Bob and Beau and any others who are joining us,

Have you been to the mexican riviera before? Turns out that 24 years ago we stayed at a resort, now a timeshare, that is right next to the port in PV. It was a good taxi ride to the main part of town! A few years a go my brother took his boys, 11 and 13 at the time, on this cruise itinerary and they had a great time in PV on a jungle/ zipline adventure. We are probably going to try an all-day gay catamaran/ snorkeling/ beach outing that I found recommended around these forums.

Mark has a coworker that has a condo in cabo that will be meeting us at the dock. She promises a fun day. Still don't know what to do in Mazatlan :confused:.

Looking forward to the Mariner, fun on board, and some new friends!!

-Paul

A belated welcome aboard Captain! A little group so far but we will have fun. Will any of your friends be joining us?

Bob and Beau beat me to it on the other thread:

At this time in just 90 days!!!!! we will be watching LA lights fade into the fog with an umbrella drink in our hands :D

-Paul and Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all

Paul, is the day sail that you speak of in Puerto Vallarta Diana's Catamaran tour? If so, it is great fun. I go to PV every year and took her trip several years ago. Lots of snacks and a good meal and never ending drinks. It makes for a fun day and Diana is a great host.

I am taking the same cruise but unfortunately I will be getting off the day you all board.

The Stone Island Beach Getaway is a great tour in Mazatlan. They take you to a nice beach by boat where there is a nice lunch also with flowing drinks. As I recall there is some shade but be sure to take sun block.

Have a great trip

Aldo;)

Hey Aldo,

Wow, it took some detective work to put the other thread with this but thank you. She says that the time should work but we have to be first off in order to make it to her dock at 9:30 PV time.

Do we need to take a tour for Stone Island because I have read that you can get the shuttle boat on your own and then "do your own thing" regarding food, drinks and time on the island. Are there advantages to the tour?

As I see from the thread for your sailing, it seems that there are very few CC family members on the Mariner sailings. Maybe they are all lurking and they will pop in at the FOD gatherings announced on the hidden (semi-secretive per RCI policy) bulletin board. Regardless we are going to have fun with our little group:D.

Hi Paul

Be sure to tell the taxi driver that you want to go to the pier at Los Muertos beach. If you do make it in time for Diana's tour you will not be disappointed. If you don't make it go to the "Gay" beach at the Blue Chairs but head 100 foot south to Ritmos or the green chairs. It is not so terribly crowded and the eye candy is terrific.

I may not be able to help you with advice about Stone Island. As I recall there was not much else there except our tour group. I went 8 years ago so the memory is a bit foggy. I am a firm believer in going on you own as opposed to taking a tour but in this case I don't remember any beach restaurants or beach bars. As I recall the place is pretty undeveloped but I could be wrong. Sorry for the indecisive info. If my friend and I go we will take the tour just to play it safe.

If you find different info please let me know.

I hope whoever is reading mt thread will come forward for the FOD's.

Aldo;)

Hi Paul

Be sure to tell the taxi driver that you want to go to the pier at Los Muertos beach. If you do make it in time for Diana's tour you will not be disappointed. If you don't make it go to the "Gay" beach at the Blue Chairs but head 100 foot south to Ritmos or the green chairs. It is not so terribly crowded and the eye candy is terrific.

I may not be able to help you with advice about Stone Island. As I recall there was not much else there except our tour group. I went 8 years ago so the memory is a bit foggy. I am a firm believer in going on you own as opposed to taking a tour but in this case I don't remember any beach restaurants or beach bars. As I recall the place is pretty undeveloped but I could be wrong. Sorry for the indecisive info. If my friend and I go we will take the tour just to play it safe.

If you find different info please let me know.

I hope whoever is reading mt thread will come forward for the FOD's.

Aldo;)

Hi Aldo,

Got a reply from Diana that the Mariner is arriving about 8am PV time and she will wait for us:). Hope you have fun on your cruise and don't "wreck" the crew for us. As for stone island, there are a lot of tips on our regular RCI thread that say how to do it on your own.

thanks,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Have fun Guys.....we just did Blue Chairs or there about and ran into a lot of guys that were on the Tour .Looks like you will end up at the Roof Top at Blue Chairs.....Bring your cameras...lots of great photo ops....have a great time...want to return soon....see you on the 10/30/2011 liberty thread .

Mike

Archived