Celebrity - Solo-friendly or not?

elycelynne

Has anyone ever sailed with Celebrity totally solo (no friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.)? How was it? Did you feel comfortable by yourself, or was it awkward? Have you sailed with other lines that did a better job with solos? Please share your experiences. Thanks!

elyce,

I started traveling solo on celebrity 2 years ago and love it.

The prices (unless you find a deal) are not so friendly however.You pay 200% less 1 port charge and taxes.

I have never found a problem with staff at all.I have met many people in my travels alone.

Cruise critic roll call is a great place to "meet" fellow passengers before the cruise. When they found out i was going alone, they always asked me to join in(like sharing cabs to beaches) Cruise critic people are the BEST! Its a very SAFE way to travel alone. I felt very secure in my surroundings and had a blast!

No worries! you will have a great time!

*sweet*

sweetair2.gif

I have sailed Celebrity twice solo. I had a great time on both cruises! You will not feel uncomfortable at all. You will meet fellow cruisers and the staff is very friendly as well. I have planned three more solo cruises within the year.

I have been traveling solo for quite some time now. LOVE IT!!! You can do whatever you want whenever you want to do it. Have met great people too.

The single supplement is a little steep, but it doesn't keep me from continuing to cruise solo.

I have sailed during Halloween, Christmas, and New Years!!!

Hiicon_smile.gif I have sailed Celebrity 3 times in the last year and once on Royal (all solo).

I agree the supplement is a bit steep...but, every time I return home I know it was worth every penney I spent!

I am sailing again in September..for the first time with a girlfriend....hey Ruthann, you around?

But I will sail again solo in a heartbeat. The staff is awesome and being on a cruise is heaven to meicon_smile.gif. Just wish I had started cruising years ago!

"Shy" has never been in my personality...LOL ask anyone on these boards icon_wink.gif.

I say "GO FOR IT"...and have a wonderful time icon_biggrin.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Hi, folks I just returned from the 3/28 Zenith 14-day from Jax. I cruised alone (like my past 3 cruises) and had a blast. I also agree with others on this board that you can have a great time even if you are sailing alone. Go to the singles get-togethers (We had 3 of them on this cruise) and join in the activites. That way you'll meet others.

Mercury 3/01

Century 3/02

Golden Princess 3/03

Zenith 3/04

El,

I have done many cruises solo, but my 6 cruises with Celebrity have been the best.

The staff and crew make you feel very comfortable. The pax are very gracious in allowing to share table space at buffets, etc. I enjoy talking to people and find it very easy to do on a Celebrity ship.

It is a safe way to travel, and having a large table in the dining room makes for nice conversations.

Join in the games that interest you--I love trivia, pictionary, tri-bond, etc. Most couples or groups encourage you to join them and friendships will be made.

Personally, traveling solo is much easier on a ship than a land based vacation or a resort stay.

As someone already suggested, sign up for the CC party, and get involved pre-cruise on the Connections forum.

Give it a try---you might enjoy it! icon_biggrin.gif Many of us do!! icon_cool.gif

Archived