Guadeloupe - Help with Touring Ideas and Beaches

parkslopegal

We are sailing on Azamara Journey on January 19. One of the ports of call is Guadeloupe. Has anyone been there? What suggestions do you have for touring and/or beach? I heard the beaches are magnifique! (that's about all the French I know, but my husband can speak fairly well). Any information is greatly appreciated. :)

We are sailing on Azamara Journey on January 19. One of the ports of call is Guadeloupe. Has anyone been there? What suggestions do you have for touring and/or beach? I heard the beaches are magnifique! (that's about all the French I know, but my husband can speak fairly well). Any information is greatly appreciated. :)

Check out my review on Guadeloupe on this board. Head to Guadeloupe thread by mueller. I will bump it to the top of the board.

I did my our with shoretrips.com. It was pricey but so worth it!!

Since your husband speaks French well, you are in advantage. When you get off of the ship, on the left side is a tourist board booth with info. You go down a little bit on the right side is a taxi stand that offer tours. Be in mind with the euro rate, expect to pay slighty more for your tour.

On my tour we went to three beaches near the town of Sainte-Rose that was really nice with locals and no vendors.

It was one of the most wonderful island that I've been to and I wish that more people visit. Get a bottle of the local rum!! It was the best that I've ever had!! My only regret is that I purchased only one bottle!!

My only fault is the tourist board booth need to offer info in both English and French. While I can read French fairly well, alot of people can't.

Airlink Diva,

Thank you SO much for all the informatiion. I am glad that someone has something positive to say about Guadeloupe and that there are options for tours. It sounds like you had a great time. I will look into Shoretrips. I promise that I will report back when I return from the cruise so that there will be some useful information on Guadeloupe for other cruisers.

Archived