On Board the Freedom Now...

newlife_2010

i would have preplanned earlier and took photos of the serenity area and texted them to someone to post. it is in the aft, covered. its nice hut i am not sure how quiet it really is. 6 may be confusing it with something else.

Just a correction here....what the OP describes is the Aft Adults Only pool...it does have a retractable cover. The actual "Serenity" area is decks 12 and 14 Forward. No pool, but two hot tubs.

Just FYI for those of you looking for Freedom info. :D

Have a wonderful cruise. I will be checking daily to see what you have written about this ship, activities, port of call, entertainment etc. I have more than 40 people cruising with me in 47 days!

The aft pool is not the Serenity Area. If you have a chance, could you check that new area out for us?

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Did you happen to notice if they had Miller Genuine Draft (MGD)? Thanks I'm pretty sure they had it last year, just can't remember..

No, sorry...not sure on that one. I specifically remember Miller Lite because someone beside me at the poker tables was drinking it. Not sure about MGD.

6 am sitting on the dock in san juan. it is 85 degrees here tonight. it is hard to belive this is the month of january. so much to tell and such little time. i will keep it brief.

Your Time dining gets an A+ from me. I appreciate the fact I can eat on my time, request a server and still get the same service. the downfall, you do not get entertainment you have to look down to see it. What canI say about the food, it is simply delicious. i am so glad i packed chewable pepto. lol. people seem to complain about the food, it has heen perfect in the mdr, buffet and special resturants. the employees are top notch. i dont see any reason to complain.

now there are lots of kids. but come on this is carnival. it is just as many young adults who are louder than the kids. the hours of 11 to 4am is party time on deck 5. enjoy yourself its a vacation.

the serenity deck is where another poster dwscribed it. it has signs that says for adults only. there is 2 whirlpools ona higher deck. and a retractable cover on the lower deck.i have yet to swim it is too packed for my personal tastte.

the casoino is ok. it is a waste of time in my opinion unless you have.lots of money. i enjoy sitting in there and watching others.it isnt as big as i thought. they only have a few penny machines and the ones they do have higher bets.

my room steward is great. no complaints

the first sea day i was sick somewhat. i am on deck 2 forward and you can feel every motion all day and night. on a full stomach that us not good. i was sick even with bonine and i had to stop taking it because i was so tired afterwards. my body has settled to it now.

last note, the people from my roll call are great. they have really made my cruise even better. its nice to see people you kjow on such a large vessel.

thats all for now. i am heading back to the freedom for more food lol.

I am also looking forward to more posts. We are going 4/4 and I can't wait. We are going on a different itinerary though. We are going for 6 nights to Key West, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. Can't wait

Keep the posts coming! We're planning to take our first cruise on the Freedom in September and can't wait to hear more. It sounds like you're having a blast!

HI...we are going on 9/25/10.How about you . Doing B2B

Woo hoo!!! :D

Thanks so much for the update, newlife_2010! If you can, try and save the capers and scan them in. There is so little info on the eastern route for the Freedom. Not to mention I would love seeing them! Hah!

Have a great cruise!

6 am sitting on the dock in san juan. it is 85 degrees here tonight. it is hard to belive this is the month of january. so much to tell and such little time. i will keep it brief.

Your Time dining gets an A+ from me. I appreciate the fact I can eat on my time, request a server and still get the same service. the downfall, you do not get entertainment you have to look down to see it. What canI say about the food, it is simply delicious. i am so glad i packed chewable pepto. lol. people seem to complain about the food, it has heen perfect in the mdr, buffet and special resturants. the employees are top notch. i dont see any reason to complain.

now there are lots of kids. but come on this is carnival. it is just as many young adults who are louder than the kids. the hours of 11 to 4am is party time on deck 5. enjoy yourself its a vacation.

the serenity deck is where another poster dwscribed it. it has signs that says for adults only. there is 2 whirlpools ona higher deck. and a retractable cover on the lower deck.i have yet to swim it is too packed for my personal tastte.

the casoino is ok. it is a waste of time in my opinion unless you have.lots of money. i enjoy sitting in there and watching others.it isnt as big as i thought. they only have a few penny machines and the ones they do have higher bets.

my room steward is great. no complaints

the first sea day i was sick somewhat. i am on deck 2 forward and you can feel every motion all day and night. on a full stomach that us not good. i was sick even with bonine and i had to stop taking it because i was so tired afterwards. my body has settled to it now.

last note, the people from my roll call are great. they have really made my cruise even better. its nice to see people you kjow on such a large vessel.

thats all for now. i am heading back to the freedom for more food lol.

What cabin? we are thinking of a cabin in that area...is the motion reeeeally bad?

First off, I love your name... I hope you have a wonderful newlife for 2010 and so far, it seems like it is working... Luv reading your posts and seeing how a single, first timer is enjoying themself sooooooo much.

Will be on her March 27th and love reading any and all information about her... Enjoy, have a good time, and keep posting... (either on-board or full detailed when you get home)..

Thnx...

Thanks for all the info. I hope I don't spoil your thread but I'm curious ...

How smokey are the piano bar and the dance club? I just noticed that both allow smoking and I was wondering if it was everywhere, or in certain sections.

Also, if they are really smokey, are there enough evening activities in areas that do not allow smoking?

My granddaughter(Kristin) and her husband(Robbie) that were married Dec 19,2009 are on the Freedom with you. I hope yall are having a good time I know they are. Keep the news coming.

Beverly,

Carolina Gamecocks!!!:D:D:D

Hi Newlife 2010, I hope you are having the best cruise ever! We just came back from a cruise on board the Freedom (Western Caribbean) and it was great!

I think you are going all the way to Puerto Rico, right?

If you ever go to dine at the Chic Restaurant say hello to Slavka (she is the best waiter you could ask for)... and also to Natalia (her helper). Tell them Silvia said HI! I wish I had some way to get in touch with them.

Don't forget to enjoy the upstairs fish and chips spot (hidden somehow, but good!).

Take care and let's know how are things on board...

31 More to go for me. I would loved to see Photos. I know I have got to try these fish and ships I keep hearing about.

We need an Update newlife_2010, Ahh heck I can't blame them I would be to busy myself enjoying my cruise to post also.;):D:cool:

Archived