Hold on to your 2009 coupon books

Love Boat Dream

Just got off the Crown today. While at the pursers yesterday, I saw a stack of coupon books. I asked if they were the new ones and the jr asst purser told me that they were the ones for the cruise starting today. I noticed that they were still the 2009 books. She told me that new ones had not been printed yet and until they were, they were continuing to use the old ones.

So, if you have a 2009 book and are cruising soon, bring it along and you might still be able to use it.

Just got off the Crown today. While at the pursers yesterday, I saw a stack of coupon books. I asked if they were the new ones and the jr asst purser told me that they were the ones for the cruise starting today. I noticed that they were still the 2009 books. She told me that new ones had not been printed yet and until they were, they were continuing to use the old ones.

So, if you have a 2009 book and are cruising soon, bring it along and you might still be able to use it.

Which coupon books are you talking about? The good ones wouldn't be sitting around the purser's desk.

Which is what it probably is. I usually toss it in the trash left handed just to see if I can.
Exactly. The ones that are gifts from your TA will be in your cabin, not at the Pursar's Desk any more than vouchers for a bottle of wine or dinner at a specialty restaurant.

These were the TA books, not the "coaster" books. They weren't on the Pursers Desk to be taken. They were in a stack near her computer screen (I suspect if she had time, she was supposed to be preparing them for the next group)

I was just being nosy when I pointed to them and asked if I could look at one. That's when I saw they were still the 2009 and she told me they were still good until the old ones came out.

Archived