Tables and kids....

cbressler76

We are a family of 4...(two boys 4 and 7)...Do you think that they will give us a table by ourselves? If not, will they definately let me sit by my boys? (I like to sit by them, so that I can make sure that they behave:D) I was reading a post where people change chairs at the table and I'm worried that I won't be able to sit by my boys....:(

Families are never split up....unless they are more than 10 in a party {max tables for 10 +/-}....if you can't get a table for 4, your table mates will surely be polite...just show up 1st { early} to the table and take your seats.

That, said.....why not let your children experiance formal dining without a parent right beside them. Especially the 7 year old. Dining etiquette can be learned very early...just like everything else.I have done this with my 4 children and have been very impressed.

Maybe not every night...but give it a try and let your children impress you.

Bob

Families are never split up....unless they are more than 10 in a party {max tables for 10 +/-}....if you can't get a table for 4, your table mates will surely be polite...just show up 1st { early} to the table and take your seats.

That, said.....why not let your children experiance formal dining without a parent right beside them. Especially the 7 year old. Dining etiquette can be learned very early...just like everything else.I have done this with my 4 children and have been very impressed.

Maybe not every night...but give it a try and let your children impress you.

Bob

They are normally very good & polite........except when they are tired! I'm afraid with all of the excursions that they will be tired! I'm not terribly strict, but I can't tollerate rude behavior in a restaurant.....so the best way to stop that from happening is to sit by them and warn them of the consequences if they behave badly....lol....i just don't want to do this while sitting across the table from them.....also, I worry that my 4 year old may spill something by accident.....so if I'm by him I can watch out for this.... I definately don't want others going home and telling everyone how badly behaved my kids were...

I know what you mean.....as Helen Keller said "Life is either a Daring adventure, or nothing at all"

But you certainly don;t want to ruin it for someone else. Maybe try it at lunch one day....

Bob

Thanks, I will!! :)

I know what you mean.....as Helen Keller said "Life is either a Daring adventure, or nothing at all"

But you certainly don;t want to ruin it for someone else. Maybe try it at lunch one day....

Bob

Thanks, I will!! :)

I, for one, am thankful you are concerned. DH and I keep a close eye on our son, but not many people do. I hate the attitude that some parents have. "I am on vacation." When you are a parent you are never on vacation unless the kids are with someone else. I would hope if you get to a table and the seats are so you can not be next to them your tablemates will rearrange for you. I would.

I, for one, am thankful you are concerned. DH and I keep a close eye on our son, but not many people do. I hate the attitude that some parents have. "I am on vacation." When you are a parent you are never on vacation unless the kids are with someone else. I would hope if you get to a table and the seats are so you can not be next to them your tablemates will rearrange for you. I would.

We have always had a table for the four of us, we have two children 3 & 5. I thought I would also mention, Camp Carnival will also let your children eat with them on the Lido deck...it is called Dinner with friends. Our children love eating with their friends at Camp Carnival so when DH and I want to enjoy a meal, just the two of us we will let them stay. We like to take them with us to the formal nights because they like to get dressed up but we let them decide if they want to eat in the dining room or with the Camp Carnival bunch. HTH

We have always had a table for the four of us, we have two children 3 & 5. I thought I would also mention, Camp Carnival will also let your children eat with them on the Lido deck...it is called Dinner with friends. Our children love eating with their friends at Camp Carnival so when DH and I want to enjoy a meal, just the two of us we will let them stay. We like to take them with us to the formal nights because they like to get dressed up but we let them decide if they want to eat in the dining room or with the Camp Carnival bunch. HTH

You are a great mom! I have 4 sons and people commented on how nice they looked and how polite they were. AND you know that took some training---it doesn't just happen. Your kids are the perfect age and I just know you will have a wonderful time!! Enjoy yourself!:)

You are a great mom! I have 4 sons and people commented on how nice they looked and how polite they were. AND you know that took some training---it doesn't just happen. Your kids are the perfect age and I just know you will have a wonderful time!! Enjoy yourself!:)

And on nights when they are tired, let them eat from the buffet or have pizza or do room service. Then let them hang out in the club and you and hubby have a dinner alone. Kids don't have to keep it together for a formal meal, get to eat, and you have some time off. Best of all worlds.

Hmm... on that note, can anyone comment on what might happen with our party at dinner?

We will be a group of 4 adults and 3 children.

Would they allow just the 7 of us to sit together, or should we expect three others at our table? I'm not really the type that likes the dinner company of strangers. :o

Hmm... on that note, can anyone comment on what might happen with our party at dinner?

We will be a group of 4 adults and 3 children.

Would they allow just the 7 of us to sit together, or should we expect three others at our table? I'm not really the type that likes the dinner company of strangers. :o

We, 2 sons and me, were the extra 3 at just such a table. We were only strangers for about 10 minutes. And trust me- it was more uncomfortable for us to join them- they outnumbered us.

If it is a full ship you may very well have others at the table. If thats not your pleasure, sit in the midst of all your friends and you can pretend the other people aren't there.

If it is a full ship you may very well have others at the table. If thats not your pleasure, sit in the midst of all your friends and you can pretend the other people aren't there.

I got a good chuckle from that last sentence... goodness knows how many times I've done that at one of the local hibachi restaurants! ;)

Thanks for the reply on my question!

I agree.... and if you let them act rude....how will they behave when they are adults?

Thank you so much for the info!!! We can have dinner without the kids!!! :D I love my kids.....but this would be sooooo great!!! I'm sooooo excited!! lol

I wish!! lol Thank you so much!! I just would be so embarrased if my boys acted horrible.....

Archived