El Yunque Rainforest Puerto Rico

misc

We'll be on the Independence of the Seas in March with a stop in San Juan. We've been to San Juan before and were interested in visiting the El Yunque Rainforest this time. My youngest is 6 years old. Anyone have experience with this tour with kids about this age? Thanks.

We'll be on the Independence of the Seas in March with a stop in San Juan. We've been to San Juan before and were interested in visiting the El Yunque Rainforest this time. My youngest is 6 years old. Anyone have experience with this tour with kids about this age? Thanks.

Don't have kids that age, but a few years back we did an El Yunque horseback riding tour. It takes at least an hour to get to El Yunque, so, all that time on the bus is something to consider.

Don't have kids that age, but a few years back we did an El Yunque horseback riding tour. It takes at least an hour to get to El Yunque, so, all that time on the bus is something to consider.

Thanks sandytoes03,

I know it will be quite a ways to the rainforest. This would probably be the only "long" excursion that we do on this cruise. With two much older siblings, the 6 year old has kinda learned to roll with it. ;) We are a group of 7 and would hire a van if we decide to go. Did you think your visit to the rainforest was worth the trek out there?

Thanks sandytoes03,

I know it will be quite a ways to the rainforest. This would probably be the only "long" excursion that we do on this cruise. With two much older siblings, the 6 year old has kinda learned to roll with it. ;) We are a group of 7 and would hire a van if we decide to go. Did you think your visit to the rainforest was worth the trek out there?

If you think your kids will be okay with the ride, then I say go for it. We decided to do the horseback riding there b/c we had already been to San Juan a few times, and there wasn't much in the city we really wanted to do. It might a great chance for you all to see something of Puerto Rico besides stores and the forts. ;)

Great. It does sound really interesting, and we spent most of the day exploring the forts on a previous trip to Puerto Rico.

The horseback riding sounds fabulous, and my daughter is an avid rider--but alas, that is something my 6 year old can't do. We've already got a lead on a van transportation with a driver to get us there and back. I think we'll go for it! Thanks.

If you are doing a private tour, you might be able to add a little beach time in with your trip. We rented a car at the Sheraton by the pier, drove to the rainforest, and then spent some time at the beach and had some local food at the kiosk at luquillo beach which wasn't too far from the rainforest.

Thanks for the head's up about Luquillo beach. Our port stop is only from 7 am to 2 pm so I don't think we'll have time to swim. I'll definitely check out the local food kiosks though!

Archived