Park and Sail in Charleston

dmix315

I am sailing on Carnival Fantasy on 11/15/2010. Does anyone know of any Hotels in Charleston that have a park and sail package. Or do you know anything about the parking at the Charleston Port?

Thanks,

I am sailing on Carnival Fantasy on 11/15/2010. Does anyone know of any Hotels in Charleston that have a park and sail package. Or do you know anything about the parking at the Charleston Port?

Thanks,

When NCL was running in Charleston regularly the Round Holiday Inn had a cruise/parking package I am sure it will be the same with Carnival coming to town. The port terminal has parking as well and the cost is $15.00 per day.

THIS IS INFO FOR THE HOTEL SEVERAL OF US ARE USING LATER THIS YEAR: (I couldn't get quote to work so I cut and pasted) Hi folks - made reservations today for our pre-cruise hotel in Charleston. Staying at Inn at River Crossing (might be referenced as Rodeway Inn), 1 night, leave car parked for 10 days, small breakfast on Friday morning for the low, low price of $57.60 + tax. We stayed there in May pre-Bermuda cruise. Not fancy but convenient and was fine for us. Even with taxi to/from port, it's still way cheaper than parking for 10 days. I spoke to Swantelle at 843-884-5853. One caveat - it's a two-story with no elevators - I made sure to specify a first-floor room.

Here is a link to a great site for various hotels that have "Stay and Cruise" packages in Charleston.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/packages_stay.html?category=8

I only have to drive 3 1/2 hours to the port, but with port parking at $15 a day, it's worth it for me to book a night in a hotel instead and see a bit of Charleston, before cruising the next day.

That link for the CVB has a lot of easy hotels...

Hotels downtown closest to the port will be tough, as parking is such a premium in town.( I drive a truck downtown 3 days a week, trust me)

The Holiday Inn Riverview mentioned previously, is an easy straight shot across town. (It is on the exact opposite side of the Charleston pennisula, but Charleston is only about 4-5 miles across)

It sits right in the center of interstate 17..... Extremely quick and easy.

Anything that mentions Patriots Point will be directly across the river from the pier in Mt. Pleasant. A very easy 10 minute drive.

Anything that mentions airport or convention center is going to be a 20 minute ride in from North Charleston.

Hope that helps.

Bill

That link for the CVB has a lot of easy hotels...

Hotels downtown closest to the port will be tough, as parking is such a premium in town.( I drive a truck downtown 3 days a week, trust me)

The Holiday Inn Riverview mentioned previously, is an easy straight shot across town. (It is on the exact opposite side of the Charleston pennisula, but Charleston is only about 4-5 miles across)

It sits right in the center of interstate 17..... Extremely quick and easy.

Anything that mentions Patriots Point will be directly across the river from the pier in Mt. Pleasant. A very easy 10 minute drive.

Anything that mentions airport or convention center is going to be a 20 minute ride in from North Charleston.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill, it took me a lot of searching to figure out where these hotels were.

As part of their cruise and park package, some of these hotels provide shuttle service to both the historic district and the cruise pier, making it unnecessary to drive once you've checked in. :)

Thanks Bill, it took me a lot of searching to figure out where these hotels were.

As part of their cruise and park package, some of these hotels provide shuttle service to both the historic district and the cruise pier, making it unnecessary to drive once you've checked in. :)

The cruise pier sits right in the center of the downtown historic district in the last undeveloped area. (just old warehouses and docks)

The battery and rainbow row (houses in the backround of the Fantasy ad on Carnival site) are just east of the pier.

The Market area (restaurants, shopping) is just south.

The Aquarium is just west of the pier.

Bill

We did the Holiday Inn Riverview for 2nd cruise out of Charleston. It's free to park there all week, but they request you move your vehicle towards the back of the parking lot. There is a shuttle available to take you to the port but you will need to take a taxi at the end of the cruise back to the hotel. The hotel is very nice and it has a great restaurant on the top floor with a fabulous view of Charleston (you can see the ship from the restaurant).

Can you give me a hint of which ones? We are coming in early to see a little of town before our cruise for our 25th anniversary.

• 3 weeks later...

Call Palmetto Parking at 843-958-9556 for downtown parking near the port. The lot is .3 miles from the port. $10/day at the corner of Laurens and Washington St. 29401. Charleston Pedicabs will be happy to shuttle you to the port. A very inexpensive alternative. A great deal!

Call Palmetto Parking at 843-958-9556 for downtown parking near the port. The lot is .3 miles from the port. $10/day at the corner of Laurens and Washington St. 29401. Charleston Pedicabs will be happy to shuttle you to the port. A very inexpensive alternative. A great deal!

If I was going to pay $10 a day for a regular parking lot that people go in and out of daily, I rather pony up the $15 a day for parking at the pier with no cab ride and security with no one entering/exiting until the ship gets back. JMHO

Archived