Willl there be Trivia on the Equinox?

Scrapchick

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question... We haven't cruised X since 2005 and it was only in December on our Princess holiday cruise that I finally discovered the fun of playing Trivia... I'm hoping/assuming/wondering if X has Trivia style entertainment games on their ships too???

We'll be on the Equinox in March and the Eclipse in July, so I'm now turning my attention to all things Celebrity!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question... We haven't cruised X since 2005 and it was only in December on our Princess holiday cruise that I finally discovered the fun of playing Trivia... I'm hoping/assuming/wondering if X has Trivia style entertainment games on their ships too???

We'll be on the Equinox in March and the Eclipse in July, so I'm now turning my attention to all things Celebrity!

Last month on the 10 day Caribbean itinerary there was fairly limited trivia. They had an outdoor trivia game daily, but that was it. I hope they add some additional trivia contests as that was something I really enjoyed on my cruise on Century but that Equinox did not seem to feature. I think that the Lawn Club ends up taking up a lot of the activity staff's time as there are numerous organized contests there daily.

Last month on the 10 day Caribbean itinerary there was fairly limited trivia. They had an outdoor trivia game daily, but that was it. I hope they add some additional trivia contests as that was something I really enjoyed on my cruise on Century but that Equinox did not seem to feature. I think that the Lawn Club ends up taking up a lot of the activity staff's time as there are numerous organized contests there daily.

With X's new marketing of their "Life" programming, the trivia games have been camoflaged with some different names on the daily schedule. The Tribond are still billed as Tribond (the game where they give your three things and you figure out what they have in common).

But what most people think of as "trivia" is titled as "Interactive Video Game". As a result these were poorly attended on our last cruise. Also - Prizes now seem to be limited to X pens.

With X's new marketing of their "Life" programming, the trivia games have been camoflaged with some different names on the daily schedule. The Tribond are still billed as Tribond (the game where they give your three things and you figure out what they have in common).

But what most people think of as "trivia" is titled as "Interactive Video Game". As a result these were poorly attended on our last cruise. Also - Prizes now seem to be limited to X pens.

Good to know! I guess I missed some on my last cruise - will look for them next time.

There is still trivia, plus Wii tournaments and a variety of gameshow type games.

I have not seen a Wii tournament or any other Wii going on on Celebrity. I have seen it on RCCL but not on Celebrity. Where did you play this?

We were on the Equinox last month (first time cruisers) and they did have trivia back in the Oceanview Bar area. It was not very well organized and not very energetic. The grand prize was a pen as the previous poster mentioned.

They had the Wii sessions in Quasar, I think on all the sea days. We peeked into one and it seemed pretty well attended. They were doing Wii Bowling.

I did not know that the "interactive video games" were also trivia... I'll remember that for next time!

I have not seen a Wii tournament or any other Wii going on on Celebrity. I have seen it on RCCL but not on Celebrity. Where did you play this?

Every sea day on my recent Equinox sailing (actually I never played--I prefer to eat, sleep, gamble and drink on sea days, but my inlaws played every day).

Archived