Eurodam penthouse

mimicruising

I had originally given her name but Cruise Critic pulled my comment and then edited out her name before it reappeared. I was asked if it was okay to edit my review and I gave my permission. I had felt a little guilty over complaining about her here so I was happy to have her name edited out. I was told it could be considered a personal attack to name her.

Our satisfaction survey at the end of the cruise allowed space to write comments so I mentioned our total dissatisfaction with concierge #1, identifying her by first name only, on the form. Are the surveys read or do they just run them through a machine that picks up the filled in circles? Should I also write a letter or leave it at that?

Opinions please, fellow cruisers.

I only wrote her name on our comment card -- and so some other people whom we knew on our cruise and had various issues with her.

I didn't write a letter to HAL.

People claim here all the comment cards are read -- but I truely don't see how they have the time to read them all - one from every passenger -- that's a large number per cruise.

Our satisfaction survey at the end of the cruise allowed space to write comments so I mentioned our total dissatisfaction with concierge #1, identifying her by first name only, on the form. Are the surveys read or do they just run them through a machine that picks up the filled in circles? Should I also write a letter or leave it at that?

Opinions please, fellow cruisers.

I only wrote her name on our comment card -- and so some other people whom we knew on our cruise and had various issues with her.

I didn't write a letter to HAL.

People claim here all the comment cards are read -- but I truely don't see how they have the time to read them all - one from every passenger -- that's a large number per cruise.

Those surveys are extremely important to the officers/crew/staff on HAL ships. I have walked into Hotel Managers' offices on more than one ship and have seen GRM, Hotel Manager, and others reading those comment sheets. I have seen Captains reading them. I was expected at a given office and when I arrived, knocked and entered, the Captain had a stack of those sheets in front of him.

Those comment cards are read, actions are taken, praise of certain departments is noted (and those excellent comments are posted on their bulletin boards) and then they are sent to Seattle.

Anyone who doubts they are read should feel assured if they bother to write them, they will be read by a number of people. Very important. Take the time to express your opinion and while you're at it, :) be fair. ;)

I suspect that not everyone turns in the surveys, and probably the vast majority that are turned in just have the bubbles filled out. So if you winnow it down to just the small percentage that actually have written comments, it's probably not so many. And the passengers who take the time to write comments most likely have either gushing praise or withering criticism to share. Nobody takes the time to write a dissertation on why they had a pretty good cruise.

Archived