Difference between an A3 and A6

The only difference I am aware of is the closed balcony and the fact they have a forward facing view that should be spectacular. They are both listed as 506 SF including balcony even though 17001 does look bigger on the deckplans. They have added a sliding window for fresh air in port or when the wind is not an issue.

Do you think the reason the A6's look bigger is because the balconies are included in the area and not boxed out like the A3's?

That is clearly the case for the two outside ones. 17001 in the center looks bigger but that might be just the deckplan and not reality.

I originally booked an AC but upgrade to an A3 for the Epic TA. The price difference at the time was ~500 total. A real no brainer.

Keep in mind the ACs are not that big. In fact about the same size as an AF mini on the Jewel class ship.

Balcony Square Footage 84

Cabin Square Footage 238

The A3s are not as big as the ABs/A3s on a Jewel class ship.

Balcony Square Footage 54

Cabin Square Footage 450

In your case if the A3/6 is about the same as the two cabins I would go for it. At least that way everyone gets courtyard access/suite perks. You in fact end up with more interior SF then the two cabins but less balcony space. With the courtyard outside your door the balcony is not as big a deal.

I wil try and get a peak into the A6s

The Balcony cabins are also smaller then a Jewel Class

Balcony Square Footage (65) ,

Cabin Square Footage (151)

I originally booked an AC but upgrade to an A3 for the Epic TA. The price difference at the time was ~500 total. A real no brainer.

Keep in mind the ACs are not that big. In fact about the same size as an AF mini on the Jewel class ship.

Balcony Square Footage 84

Cabin Square Footage 238

The A3s are not as big as the ABs/A3s on a Jewel class ship.

Balcony Square Footage 54

Cabin Square Footage 450

In your case if the A3/6 is about the same as the two cabins I would go for it. At least that way everyone gets courtyard access/suite perks. You in fact end up with more interior SF then the two cabins but less balcony space. With the courtyard outside your door the balcony is not as big a deal.

I wil try and get a peak into the A6s

The Balcony cabins are also smaller then a Jewel Class

Balcony Square Footage (65) ,

Cabin Square Footage (151)

Thanks for the facts.

The difference of my AC to an A3 is $1700 per person for 1st and 2nd. I total of $3400. WOW only $500 that was a deal!

Thanks for the facts.

The difference of my AC to an A3 is $1700 per person for 1st and 2nd. I total of $3400. WOW only $500 that was a deal!

The advantage of the A3 is that the 1st and 2nd passengers in the BA would become 3rd and 4th passengers. The price increase may not be all that much.

The advantage of the A3 is that the 1st and 2nd passengers in the BA would become 3rd and 4th passengers. The price increase may not be all that much.

The difference that way would be $1900. Still not worth to me now. I booked my AC at $1799 and now its $2399. I would rather hold on to what I have for now. There are plenty of courtyard villas on the Epic. I am sure by final payment I can still change if I want to.

Thanks for the facts.

The A3 has gone up ~$2000 since I booked. The AC was ~$5500 and the A3 5957.50 for 2. Had that A3 been the current pricing of $8500 I would still be looking forward to my wonderful aft view in the AC next to Calmac. :)

I know there are plenty of CV on the Epic and I was shocked to see yesterday only 3 remain available for the June TA.

The A3 has gone up ~$2000 since I booked. The AC was ~$5500 and the A3 5957.50 for 2. Had that A3 been the current pricing of $8500 I would still be looking forward to my wonderful aft view in the AC next to Calmac. :)

I know there are plenty of CV on the Epic and I was shocked to see yesterday only 3 remain available for the June TA.

The TA is a completely different sailing than all the others.

As time gets closer it will be interesting to see what NCL does with pricing if most of the Courtyards are still available at final payment. If not the upsell dept will have a lot of work on their hands with the Epic.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an AC for the March 12 2011 sailing but now we have invited my Mom to go with us. We just came off the Dawn this past Friday--Mom was with us and we had the penthouse with the "children's room"--it was perfect for us. So I browsed the Epic cabin listings to find something similar but the prices are quite a bit higher. Not sure yet what we will do--planning to call our NCL person and see what he suggests. Any ideas for finding the best deal?

Archived