Mr Williams/RCCL When do you intend to inform us that our 1/29/05 is cancelled?

I noticed earlier this week that our cruise was no longer listed. Found out today through this board that the entire Navigator 1/29/05 has been chartered out to be the largest gay cruise. www.atlantisevents.com Called RCCL and they would not offer any information other than "the ship has been chartered". I asked if our booking would be cancelled and they suggested I call my TA. My TA called and was told the ship was entirely booked but no mention off any charter. As of yet she still has not been informed of the charter!

I agree... just go

never will you have seen so many men that actually look good in a speedo *LOL*

Upcoming Cruises

Voyager of the Seas in August 2004

Diamond Princess in February 2005

We have decide to jump ship! Instead off waiting for RCCL to drop the ball we have

transferred our booking to the 1/9/05 sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. I am hoping that we will be compensated for having to change our booking and reimbursed for our non-refundable air. If not for our RCCL Visa points we would be booking with another cruise line!

OK...just to add a couple words...I just think RCCL should have handled things a little better...no??? Shouldn't these companies have to charter a ship....a long, long, long time in advance...as soon as dates are released??? I just feel bad for these folks.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I doubt RCCL will reimburse you for the lost airfare or compensate since you changed the booking. What did your TA recommend? Maybe should could have went to bat for you and asked for ship board credit to compensate.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

Cruise lines are always chartering ships. You should have waited until you where told that the ship was charted and here is what we are offering you. You may have gotten something to cover the air. Royal Caribbean is not the only one who charters ship they all do it. You would have been notified soon. You should have waited.

rcicruiser

iluvcruzin,

RCCL is not giving any information out. Even our TA can not get any answers from RCCL. They just tell her that the ship is booked and that's why that sailing doesn't show up on their website anymore.

rcicruiser,

I was not sure how long we would have to wait to be informed and this new booking was the only other alternate time we could arrange for vacation.

91FLHTCU,

The answer to this question:

Mr Williams/RCCL When do you intend to inform us that our 1/29/05 is cancelled?

is that most likely your 1/29/05 sailing is not yet cancelled, and won't be unless/until the group chartering it comes up with the money.

It wouldn't be very smart of RCI to cancel your reservation now and find out in August that Atlantis had to cancel due to insufficient bookings.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

It's definitely up to your TA to inform you of these things and I agree with the posters who said you should have waited. If she couldn't get any information now, she probably would soon. If you booked your airfare separately, you wouldn't have been compensated for it no matter what, but you may have received a credit toward a different sailing. Sounds like you're out of luck. It's disappointing, I'm sure, but your TA should have told you to hang on until the official word came out.

Karen

6/5/05 Brilliance Mediterranean roll call

Infinity in... countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Brilliance 6/05, Infinity 12/04, Brilliance 2/04, Adventure 11/03, Brilliance 2/03, Grand Princess 3/02, Dawn Princess 11/01, Ocean Princess 5/00

Dump the Travel Agent, they gave you poor advice! You had plenty of time to decide on an alternate cruise later when RCCL announced the cancellation. They almost always take care of guests that have to be bumped for a charter.

If you look at atlantis events website, they are just advertising the cruise at this point. This means there is no guarantee they will sell out the ship. If you have guaranteed rooms and all, my bet is RC wouldn't cancel you unless or until atlantis tells them they need to start dipping into those previously sold rooms. So, the question you must face is whether or not you want to be on a cruise marketed for and likely including mostly gays.

If you bow out, RC owes you nothing. If they cancel you, you may be able to negotiate a sweeter deal.

Personally, I would stay on the cruise and go unless they cancelled me....especially if I had the cabin I wanted.

For most of us, that would not be a problem at all.

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Aloha,

I am ON that cruise and have a little more information. There were a lot of discussion about this one on the Atlantis web sites for quite a while. They have been taking tentative reservations for that one since at least January but did not actually process the deposits until less than a month ago. They could not legally take any money until they had the final contracts in hand from RCCL. It was also still advertised on the RCCL site until the final contracts were done.

It is a done deal now. I had my deposit charged two weeks ago.

RE Entertainers: Their last cruise had Margaret Cho as a special entertainer. They recently have had Joan Rivers and Patti Lupone. No GIANT stars but some pretty good ones. I heard the Navigator is going to have a comedy ice show.

One funny thing about this cruise. A big group of guys booked directly through RCCL thinking they would be on the charter because they got a cheaper deal from RCCL. They all got bumped and the rooms they wanted are LONG gone. They ignored us when we told them they HAD to book through the charter company to take the charter.

KauaiBruce

NCL Star 3/2002 (Atlantis Hawaii)

RCI Splendor 9/2002 (Atlantis Europe)

NCL Dawn 1/2003 (Atlantis Caribbean)

Splendor of the Seas 8/2003 (Atlantis Europe)

NCL STAR 3/2004 (Atlantis Hawaii)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;16;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Days until

RCI Radiance of the Seas 1o/2004 (Atlantis Mexican Riviera)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;1;25;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Days until

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/2005 (Atlantis Caribbean)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;9;07;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Days until

Celebrity Infinity 9/2005 (Atlantis Alaska)

Actually,

Atlantis makes a point of telling its customers to compare prices against POPULAR weeks like spring break, New Years, etc. and that the prices will be similar. I have compared and they are correct. Nearly every cruise is a sellout or close.

They DO bring on a lot of their own staff and shows. They host a major theme party (or two) every day. They bring a name headliner, 3 commedians, their own Hypnotist, and 2 or 3 other acts of some type for their own shows. On the Hawaii cruise they even had an excape artist who was bound in chains and thrown in the pool. THAT was amazing to watch.

In fact they sell so well that it is impossible to get cheap upgrades at the last minute. Every single suite on the Navigator has been sold out for a long time now.

Bruce

Bruce,

Offtopic, but I'm sooooo jealous you live on Kauai!!! I've never been there, but plan to go in 2006 or 2007. Last year we took an 11 day trip (7 in Maui and 4 on Oahu). I really wanted to go to Kauai too, but couldn't squeeze in more vacation days. When we go, we plan to do the whole trip just to Kauai. We are thinking of staying in the Poipu area w/a condo. My kids are 4 and 2 now, so we thought they might like the Baby Beach area. Agree/disagree?

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KauaiBruce:

On the Hawaii cruise they even had an excape artist who was bound in chains and thrown in the pool.

Bruce<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok throwing someone in the pool is Ok (provided they can swim) and tying someone in chains is alright, (provided they're willing). But both at the same time is either attempted murder or just kinky. icon_wink.gif

-Monte

Who books their air 8 to 9 months in advance. You need your head examined. Have you never heard of waiting for a low price special.

LOL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0924ff&cdt=2005;04;17;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

HOLIDAY-1997

NORDIC EMPRESS-1998

STAR PRINCESS-2002

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS-10/2003

HOLLAND MAASDAM-04/2004

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS-04/2005

I agree on booking air 8 or 9 months out. No airline discounts of any kind that early. I have friends who book that early using miles that that is a different matter entirely. I go for 5 months out. We really do not get any airline discounts here anyway.

Re Kauai: Come see it. You will love it. The new NCL Itineraries starting in July are great. It will be on Kauai overnight so you will be hear a full day and a half. They leave in the afternoon, then sail past the NaPali. That will be amazing from a cruise ship.

Poipu is nice, the best weather is down there. At those ages they will love it anywhere.

They did not do anything kinky with the excape artist. icon_redface.gificon_eek.gif

Well guess I need my head examined I bought our air 9 months our for our upcoming February 05 cruise since it is February vacation week her in the northeast for all the school, and the price was $181 round trip direct flights out of Boston.

Crusin on the Radiance 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived