lunch recs?

2serendip

Thank you! We've been to St. M several times on cruises, but next week we're going there for an entire week at a friend's timeshare, and I'm looking for restaurant recs since we've never actually eaten a meal there onshore. I'm hoping for some good snorkeling ideas, too.

Thank you! We've been to St. M several times on cruises, but next week we're going there for an entire week at a friend's timeshare, and I'm looking for restaurant recs since we've never actually eaten a meal there onshore. I'm hoping for some good snorkeling ideas, too.

Try the Lolas in Grand Case and the Sunset Cafe at the Grand Case Beach Club. Bring your snorkel equipment or rent it at the watersports desk at GCBC or take an excursion from there to Creole Rock as well and make an afternoon of it. If your home away from home is near the Pelican Beach Resort there is some decent snorkeling around the rocks there as well.

When we have stayed on the island for a week we usually ate either at the waterfront Marina at Marigot (many places alongside the waterfront) or in Gran Case. You could stay a month and never have to repeat a restaurant.

When we go to St. Maarten we usually leave the area and hit the beach or something. This time I think that we are going to just walk around town. Anyone have a suggestion of a good place to eat. Very casual. We have been to the Greenhouse and it was good but looking at something else this time.

When we go to St. Maarten we usually leave the area and hit the beach or something. This time I think that we are going to just walk around town. Anyone have a suggestion of a good place to eat. Very casual. We have been to the Greenhouse and it was good but looking at something else this time.

Here are three that we tried at least once and really enjoyed. Chesterfields in Great Bay Marina, Ocean Lounge at the Holland House hotel on the boardwalk in Phillipsburg and Kangaroo Court which is a courtyard restaurant near the courthouse in Phillipsburg.

• 2 weeks later...

So many choices, and depends on where you are staying. Some of my favorites are:

Lobster at Yellow Beach on Pinel (great snorkeling there as well)

Fusion for dinner in Philipsburg (on the boardwalk)

Halseys in Simpson Bay Lagoon for dinner

Tropicana in Marina Royale Marigot

Antoines for lunch on the boardwalk in Philipsburg

Marios for a very fine (and expensive meal) by the sandy ground bridge

Harbour View on the boardwalk in Philipsburg for lunch (it doesn't look like much but give it a try anyway)

So many choices, and depends on where you are staying. Some of my favorites are:

Lobster at Yellow Beach on Pinel (great snorkeling there as well)

Fusion for dinner in Philipsburg (on the boardwalk)

Halseys in Simpson Bay Lagoon for dinner

Tropicana in Marina Royale Marigot

Antoines for lunch on the boardwalk in Philipsburg

Marios for a very fine (and expensive meal) by the sandy ground bridge

Harbour View on the boardwalk in Philipsburg for lunch (it doesn't look like much but give it a try anyway)

OK, from one foodie to another where is Harbour View situated on the boardwalk and what would you recommend?

P.S. Have you tried Spicy yet in Grand Case?

Archived