Santa Domingo

jnc411

Hello all. I have posted on the ports of call board and did not get any responses. I realize that this is not a regular port for Princess , however the Carribbean Collection cruise this year is going there. Can not seem to get any good information regarding this port. If anyone has been there and been on a ships tour, please share your experience. Thanks so much. Appreciate your help. Can always count on the boards for good information :)

Cori

Hello all. I have posted on the ports of call board and did not get any responses. I realize that this is not a regular port for Princess , however the Carribbean Collection cruise this year is going there. Can not seem to get any good information regarding this port. If anyone has been there and been on a ships tour, please share your experience. Thanks so much. Appreciate your help. Can always count on the boards for good information :)

Cori

Seems it was changed from La Romana to Santo Domingo, we were there on the Crown.

Our trip to Casa De Campo was excellent. very beautiful place.

I think Santo Domingo is west of La Romana.

Seems it was changed from La Romana to Santo Domingo, we were there on the Crown.

Our trip to Casa De Campo was excellent. very beautiful place.

I think Santo Domingo is west of La Romana.

Thanks , yes I believe you are right , when we first booked , I think it was La Romana, now it comes up as Santo Domingo. Thanks anyway :)

Cori

I have been to the country several times, the caves is a very good tour its about a 1 hr drive from the port. the colonial part of the city is also nice but not as unique as the cave tour at the boca chica section of the tour be careful since its a public beach and many people try to sell stuff.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/attract4/gr/LaRomanaCaves.htm

Archived