Tequilla Tasting in Cozumel

215girl

Hi, has anyone been to the tequila tasting in Cozumel, Mexico? I am thinking of doing this shore excursion being though how me and my bff love tequilla. Thanks, I'm packing already im sooo excited!!

• 2 months later...
Hi, has anyone been to the tequila tasting in Cozumel, Mexico? I am thinking of doing this shore excursion being though how me and my bff love tequilla. Thanks, I'm packing already im sooo excited!!

DId you do a tequila tasting? Can you recommend one?

When we were in Cozumel we rented a car, drove to the middle of the island to the Hacienda Taquila Museum. For $10 pp, we got a margarita, a tour of the "museum," and tasted many ages and varieties of taquila. We were the only ones there, I don't know how well this place does - it's so out of the way and kind of boring. I know a couple years ago RCCL offered an "excursion" that was taquila tasting on the beach. Don't know if that exists anymore.

The first time we were in Cozumel, we hired a driver and he showed around the whole island. We stopped at the Tequila place too. I think it may have been the Hacenda place that someone mentioned earlier. I can see who they thought it was a bit boring...they tell you all about the Tequilla making process and at the end we tasted all their different kinds of Tequilla. We bought a bottle of the blue tequilla and later found out that it didn't have any alcohol in it! I would recommend a visit there, just don't purchase any for later.

-Heather

We went to and purchased several bottles of flavored Tequilla. It was a fun tour. It included a stop at a Mexico museum with small replicas of cities, beach stop on the opposite side of the island and shopping in town at the end before going back to the ship. It was well worth the monies and time spent..... 1 Tequilla-2 Tequilla-3 Tequilla-FLOOR!!!!!!!! :p By the way the flavored stuff is Outstanding....

Happy Sailing / Tequilla Tasting!

Earl

The first time we were in Cozumel, we hired a driver and he showed around the whole island. We stopped at the Tequila place too. I think it may have been the Hacenda place that someone mentioned earlier. I can see who they thought it was a bit boring...they tell you all about the Tequilla making process and at the end we tasted all their different kinds of Tequilla. We bought a bottle of the blue tequilla and later found out that it didn't have any alcohol in it! I would recommend a visit there, just don't purchase any for later.

-Heather

Just a quick question. How did you find out about it's alcohol content? Consumption? Flammability? Specific Gravity?

Happy Sailing

Earl

I would be afraid to rent a car and go to a liquor tasting of any sort. I can barely handle a glass of wine w/out feeling foggy. I'm sure I'd miss the ship if I had to drive myself back to the rental place. I guess I need to brush up on my ability to handle liquor...haha

I was just at Mr. Sanchos March 6th and did the tequila tasting. It was $49 and it included lunch (guacamole and chips, nachos, and tacos all very yummy) as well as a margarita and I asked for some water and they brought me a bottle of water no charge.

It was nice but I was the only one doing the tasting, they brought me over to a covered patio area with tables and had 1 table all set up with all the different types of tequila.

I had a server who just stood there and watched/waited if I needed anything and then there was a very nice man who was doing the seminar. It was a little weird being the only person and not a whole lot of fun. I thought it would be a big group of people, but the personalized service was really good.

They did 6 different tequila tastings he taught me about the three main kinds of tequila and all the different houses that make them. He does not pour full shots but rather enought to take two small sips. After the six different tastes they serve lunch with margaritas. When lunch is through they bring out two different desert tequilas.

All in all it was nice experience, I didnt get any kind of buzz though and it was kinda boring.

Afterwards your free to use their beach and pool facilities and they also have water sports and horseback ridding for an extra fee. They also have massages and a full bar. I went horseback riding for $25 for an hour.

RCCL is offering a tequila tasting seminar tour. I believe this tour used to be at Mr. Sancho´s but has moved to Discover Mexico Park. I just took this tour with my wife and absolutely loved it. These guys are really professional and offer a fantastic tour. they serve you very generously some of the finest tequilas along with arrachera tacos (beef) and a salsa sampler with different chiles. The visit to the park is focused on the history and origins of tequila and is a wonderful complement. It´s amazing how much you learn and then you realize that you were always ignorant to drink your average cheap tequila... Now I can definitely tell the difference. We brought home a couple of bottles and we want more !!

I completely agree! We did this excursion last December and LOVED it. Very, very well done, I loved the whole lesson on tequila and the Discover Mexico park was much more interesting than I thought it would be. The staff was EXCELLENT and really made a difference. I definitely would recommend this excursion.

RCCL is offering a tequila tasting seminar tour. I believe this tour used to be at Mr. Sancho´s but has moved to Discover Mexico Park. I just took this tour with my wife and absolutely loved it. These guys are really professional and offer a fantastic tour. they serve you very generously some of the finest tequilas along with arrachera tacos (beef) and a salsa sampler with different chiles. The visit to the park is focused on the history and origins of tequila and is a wonderful complement. It´s amazing how much you learn and then you realize that you were always ignorant to drink your average cheap tequila... Now I can definitely tell the difference. We brought home a couple of bottles and we want more !!

We did this one in NOV 2009:

Cozumel Highlights and Shopping - CZI7

Join us for a trip into the colorful past and charming present of the most popular cruise ship destination in Mexico and have plenty time for shopping! You will be greeted at the pier by your bi-lingual guide and then board an air-conditioned motor coach for a scenic drive around the island of Cozumel. Some of the highlights include: Discover Mexico Park, El Cedral, El Mirador and visit a Tequila Factory for an opportunity to sample tequila. Then it’s off to the shopping district in Cozumel

Around 4 hour(s) 15 minute(s)

We recently hired a taxi for the morning and went to the Hacienda Tequila Museum. As previously posted, $10 per person included a very tasty margarita, a tour of the "museum" and how tequila was and now is made and free tequila tasting. There were around 10 different flavors; some tasted great, others tasted like cough syrup. Don't let them fool you into thinking that they only sell the tequilla there at the museum (they tell you they don't export anywhere!). When we got back to the states, we found it at BevMo, and less expensive!

• 5 weeks later...

I've done the tequila seminar at Mr Sancho's and absolutely loved it - it was the highlight of my trip! I'm actually planning to do it again on my upcoming Western Caribbean cruise. Everyone in my party loved it, although I can see where it would be considerably less fun if you were by yourself. One of the three of us was drunk by the end, and the others had a nice mellow buzz. The lunch was very good and helps to offset all the liquor. If you are interested in more detail you can read my trip report at: http://www.aprilrichards.com/ or watch the Travel Channel segment here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkImFut674. Oliver, who you see in the video, is the one who did my seminar, and he was great. Spoke perfect, clear english and was super-knowledgeable. I highly, highly recommend it!

Archived