iPod Touch question

It should work but you'd have to use the internet time just like you would with a laptop, so it's cents-per-minute or buying a package of minutes. You can turn off the wifi, though, and still use most of the features/apps.

Thanks Aubrey for the info! I was hoping you would say it would be free ;) We are booking a cruise for 2011 - maybe it will be free by then? (Wishful thinking haha). Thanks again!

Actually can be quite expensive. Internet runs 55 cents per minute with packages available to bring price down below 40 cents per minute. Also, if she uses the phone while on the ship's tower, cellular at sea will charge 2.49 per minute. You definitely won't want her calling her friends from the ship or from close to the ship when in port!

I think it's important to note that you have to opt-in to the internet services. You won't magically get a bill just for bringing your ipod on board.

I believe you have to set up an account first at one of the computers on the ship and then log in using the ipod.

If you're dealing with an iPhone or any cell phone for that matter make sure to turn the thing off or put it in Airplane mode in the case of the iPhone. That 2.49/minute is for voice calls, they will really stick it to you with data charges involved with checking email or surfing the web on the cell network. An iPod touch, of course, won't be subject to any charges unless you agree to it first.

• 2 months later...

Found this free app- after searching for it as another group recommended it. It is GREAT! I have already loaded all the other cabins into it of those passengers sailing with us. It not only gives deck plans for Liberty - it recognizes the sailing date, the ports and things to do in port and gives you an automatic count down clock to the sailing date! Very nice.

Archived