anyone know about the lake with the fish that light up?

cruzobsessed

going to puerto rico pre and post cruise next year. (serenade christmas eve). i was told that somewhere in puerto rico is a lake where the fish are illuminated so if you throw a stone in and the fish have to disperse it looks amazing. does this place exist or was i dreaming it?

No, we haven't been there, but read about it on one of our trips to San Juan.

I think it may require that you stay over on Vieques for the night.

We stayed at the Carib Hilton two nights before and three nights after our last San Juan cruise. Really love that place. Photos here.

gtaylor, i was researching the ports of my next cruise and there you were. not only do you have tons of info but you know the various web sites to send people to. you are amazing and i thank you for your help

Thanks for your praise.

We do spend a lot of time in the Caribbean; nearly every year since 1981 (but we're very young at heart), and have quite a list of islands (50 +) that we've visited. We take lots of notes, and are very willing to share our information.

E-mail posted in our profile.

Gary

There's also the bioluminescent bay in La Parguera in the town of Lajas. You can only appreciate this kind of things at night so you can either stay in the area which you would love the La Parguera area (beach area) or you can just go back that same night. If you go to Vieques you need to take a boat or plane and stay and it can get really crowded especially if it's a holiday weekend. You can do a research for La Parguera, you will love this little town.

http://welcome.topuertorico.org/city/lajas.shtml

Archived