San Juan Platinum Status Embarkation Q'n

Embracedbylife

I am a platinum member, hubby is gold. Can we both go to the Preferred check-in line together as we are sharing a room even though he is only gold? Also, is there a seperate entrance/line for preferred check-in in San Juan? First time boarding Platinum!! :)

Yes you can check in together, but there is no separate line other then the check in counters.

It is sometimes faster to just go to the shortest line.

There was not a separate boarding line for Platinum in San Juan from what I can remember from our cruise last year. There was a preferred check in desk, granted, the time we go there, it was faster to go to the other lines. As far as brining him along, I doubt you will have a problem. DW and I are both Platinum and took DD through with us last time in FLL. Granted, she is 5, but all looked at was the top boarding pass that was Platinum.

if i remember right, once you get registered at the long big desk, you can board and get off the ship on the ground level instead of the skybridge. The skybridge will be slow boarding with a long lineup and a pain in the butt when trying to get off.

For platinum and elite, there is another entry into the ship. Go back down teh escalators from teh checking desk, go where people who are getting off the ship to claim their bags on the ground floor, you will see a employees only and Vip only desk , that is where you board.

i had ask on another post if anyone as used it. I was on the Crown and did this same cruise april 2008. it was just a magnificent cruise. I remember seeing that there was another entry for elite status at the Old San juan Terminal. I really like having the ship park there since there are Ferries that take you to near the Barcardi rum factory every 15 minutes and walking distance to the Ole San Juan and its Forts.

Pan Am maybe closer to the airport, but the distance being in Old San Juan is well worth it if your doing a back to back cruise from Ole San Juan Port that you can walk off and walk on being close to the National monuments , cobblestone narrow streets and its old European flair.

it will be my first time too as we are doing a 14 day cruise starting feb21st.

Archived