Equinox - What is the Dress Code in Murano on non formal nights

JBINTOR

What is the dress code in Murano on non formal nights? My husband will have his tux for formal nights and sports jackets for casual nights.

Our reservation in Murano is for a non formal evening. Does he need to wear a suit to Murano? Either way it is not a problem, but if we don't need to pack a suit, then we won't. Any comments are welcome.

Dress code is the same in specialty restaurants as MDR. However, given the formality of Murano and the style of service, I would opt for a sport jacket at least and a dressier outfit for yourself. I'm sure there will be those who say jeans are fine, but since your DH has a tux & jackets, he obviously doesn't mind dressing up. Enjoy!

librarylady19 is correct - it is the same as the dress code for the rest of the ship.

However, the specialty restaurants (especially Murano) are very elegant and most people tend to dress up a bit more at these venues just as they do at higher end restaurants around home. I almost always wear a jacket as do most other men.

Is a necktie also a requirement or expected along with the jacket on the non-formal evenings?

Sandy

No, neither a necktie nor a jacket is required during non-formal evenings at Muranos. Many men do wear a tie and jacket there, but there are also a fair number who do not.

Is a necktie also a requirement or expected along with the jacket on the non-formal evenings?

Sandy

As Lsimon said, its the same dress code as the rest of the ship, so jacket and tie are not required, and not 'expected'.

I wore a jacket over an open shirt and a sweater just because I like to wear jackets for the pockets and evenings out when we are going to a upscale restaurant. Did the same in the MDR. And yes, it's a cut above atmosphere so I'd wear a jacket but certainly not required and not expected. There were more jackets (and some ties) than not, so that should give you a feel. But our friends joined us and he was in a shirt (long sleeves), no jacket and was just fine - he looks better than I do if he wore a trashsack!

Denny

For what it's worth, the reservation confirmation we received from Tuscan Grille had pre-printed on it "Smart Casual and above all nights." The confirmation we received from Murano did not have anything about dress code on it.

It is whatever the dress is that night on the ship. Men need a jacket. No jeans are allowed in Dining rooms at all.

We sailed on Mercury in May 09 and yes, you wear Jeans in the Main Dining room. It use to be a no , no but if you note the dress code documents in no longer indicates no Jeans in MDR>

For what it's worth, the reservation confirmation we received from Tuscan Grille had pre-printed on it "Smart Casual and above all nights." The confirmation we received from Murano did not have anything about dress code on it.

We were in Tuscan Grille on a formal night and everyone, including us, were dressed formally.

Archived