Price Drop Question for 1st time cruiser...

Sunsetters

I just checked on Carnival's web site and see that the price has dropped $200 per person for the balcony that we have booked for our upcoming cruise in 21 Days...

I booked through a travel agent...Here are my questions..

1) Are we eligible for a OBC this close to the cruise?

2) How much will we get...

3) Who submits the request for OBC

Can't help but be excited, as we booked back in Feb 09 and it has been a long time coming....any help would be greatly appreciated, Cruise Critic has been an amazing tool in all of my planning for our 1st cruise!!!

Okay, now I really feel like a first timer .I apparently did not set the dates right on my search and saw pricing for 2011, same cruise...LOL

So no price drop for me..:( I was seeing extra money for diamonds on a shopping spree on one of my islands...BOO HOO...

But no we picked our exact stateroom back in Feb.09. Surprised the price stayed the same for that long, my parents cruise with Celebrity in Feb and theirs went up $400 per person from when they booked...

Thanks for the reply...:)

Its still a good idea to know what rate type you paid ... you dont say, so Im guessing you dont know?? Id ask my TA so I knew for sure, just in case you see a drop.

when I say rate type I mean, fun saver, early saver, fun select, senior, military, etc

We booked a Fun Select...8A...will still keep my eyes peeled...

that's pretty much the highest rate Carnival offers. After this cruise you'll be eligible for Past Guest Rates (offered some of the time fo some cruises), you're always eligible for the your state Residency rate (offered some of the time fo some cruises), and for the 55+ Senior Rate if you're 55+ (offered some of the time fo some cruises). You might want to shop cruises for the3se (and other Promo) rates next cruise!!!!! ken

Archived