Paying on the ship

Hi

I read somewhere that they take your credit card details on your first day on the ship, and you settle the account/bill at the end of your cruise.

Does this account you set up go for all costs on the ship.....ie excursions, drinks at bar etc, etc

Also is there a surcharge for using your credit card .....as so many companies thrown this extra 1-3% charge on

cheers

You set up an account on board and all costs - drinks, excursions etc, are charged to this. You can either give them your credit card details at the start of the cruise ,against which the account costs will be charged ,or deposit some cash - around £200, I think. Everything is then settled up at the end of the cruise. It works very well and there is no surcharge for using a credit card.

As vwgolf said everything is charged to a card they give you on day one, its just like a credit card in size and shape and you present this every time you want to purchase anything on the ship...........:)

According to the Thomson web site there is a small charge if you pay by credit card. But not if you pay by debit card.

Is this something new? We didn't pay any extra when we were on the Destiny in June. I know you have to pay extra if you pay for your holiday with a credit card, but didn't think you had to pay extra to settle your account.:rolleyes:

According to the Thomson web site there is a small charge if you pay by credit card. But not if you pay by debit card.

I think that's for paying for the holiday itself.

Just back off the Island Escape last month and no charge for paying ship board account by C.C.

Berwyn

If they try and charge us extra next week I can imagine my DH getting very, !!!:D I'll report back on my return.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Less than a week to go. Lucky you getting away from this cold, damp, miserable weather.

Have a great time.

Berwyn

Archived