? For those who have booked interior adjoining cabins

We just booked interior adjoining cabins on the Mariner and I was wondering how the doors work. We had our first interior cabin on Explorer and I know that they are small. So how does another door that has to open work into that. One of our rooms is for 3 people and the other is for 2. I'm guessing they won't have the love seat in them, but a chair instead. Can the door actually come off or does it only open, or is it a pocket door? Never saw them before so I don't know what to expect.

TIA!

We had interior adjoining cabins on the Navigator a few years ago and they just had a chair instead of a love seat. The door was a regular door, not a pocket door. We just asked the room steward for it to be unlocked then you could go into the other room. I don't know if you could take it off or not. I believe you could lock it if you wanted some privacy, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Hope this helps.

I booked an adjoining cabin on enchantment for the 2/28 sailing, only because I liked placement of the cabin on the ship. I don't know who will be in the cabin next to us, and it will be me and DH looking for a romantic trip. Will there not be a loveseat in the room? Will we have trouble with noise through the door?

I only know that we had a chair in our room. That was the only cruise we have been on, so I don't know if any other ships are different. Sorry, I would not want to give you bad info.

I can tell you that we did not have any problems with noise. It was our teenage daughter and her friend in the room next to us. None of us spent much time in our rooms, and usually when we did we were just getting ready for dinner or going to bed, but we never had a problem with noise. One thing I will tell you though if you have never been in an inside before make sure you take a clock and possibly a night light as they get really dark, and you have no sense of time in there.

Have a great cruise!

I was on VOS in Dec. we had conjoining outside rooms - we had a chair instead of a love seat. We just used one of the doorstops and left it proped open most of the time ( our kids 2 and 5 years were sleeping in the other room). It was great - like having one big cabin. ( it only cost us $200 more to have the extra cabin than if we were all in one). The door on ours was a little smaller than a regular door. I don't think noise will be a problem, it seemed to be made just like the walls.

edited to add - we had them remove the little glass tables because we needed more floor room due to walking back and forth and keeping the area open.

Thanks for taking the time to post guys! I'm really hoping that booking the adjoining room's turns out to be a bad decision. Reason why we booked it is the DH's parents are going on this cruise with us, their first, and we will have our DD (4) with us. I figured if we wanted to see her at all that maybe this will help. We live in different towns and the grandparents don't get to see her that often, so when they do she naturally wants to be with them. I however like to spend time with her on vacation so I thought this may help us feel more together. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I liked having the love seat in our last interior room, but as many people say, we really tend not to be in the room that often. Mostly just for her naps, to change for dinner and to sleep at night.

gkeep, you said that you proped the door open, did that cut into the room space, or does the door open wide enough that it would come almost back to the wall? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!

One word of caution about the adjoining rooms. The door between the rooms has a double keyed dead bolt. The room steward will un-lock the door the first day of the cruise and it will remain un-locked for the duration of the cruise. There is no way to lock it yourself. They will not leave you with a key, as it is the same key for every connecting door on the ship. This is a problem if you want privacy from the party in the other room.

gkeep, you said that you proped the door open, did that cut into the room space, or does the door open wide enough that it would come almost back to the wall? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!

Since I am having a hard time remembering if it opened towards the chair or the end of the bed I guess it wasn't too much of a problem :). I think it opened towards the chair and wasn't longer than the end of the chair. So it was pretty much out of the way.

Archived